Changing Avatar?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by greyfergie, Feb 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bit thick I know but I don't know how to change it - anyone talk me through it please? New to all this and don't really want a picture of my kennels us there!

2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Why would you want to change your Avatar from a lovely picture of a temporary garden structure to some other thing? Have you recently had a diagnosis?

My door is always open.

3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

'Settings' (up there^ on the right) > 'Edit avatar' > Choose either an image that's uploaded to the internet already (via photobucket, Flikr or just on a website) or choose a pic stored on your computer already.

4. Touchingly naive... Ask for help like that here and don't you realise that you'll end up with an avatar of a badly drawn squirty knob?

5. Give me your logins by pm - i've got photoshop so i can resize any images you like

6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

One hates to intrude but could you resize my bank account while you are on?

PM me for details, yah?

7. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Why did you put it there in the first place?

8. "temporary garden structure"??? It's my dogs kennel! they'd be gutted that they were thought to be living like hobos.....

9. Missplaced click of the mouse.....

10. Love it - it'd be better than what ended up on there....

11. Nope, it simply won't let me change it........? Doh!

12. Got it - many thanks, had to delete it first and then add from scratch. Ta, not very with computors etc etc

13. I just tried to change my avatar, and I can't seem to manage it. even if I delete the old one, select a new one from the computer, I get the old one back again. F5, logging off and back on again and even an Indian call centre fix has done nothing.
    have we broken something else on here, or is it just me?

14. Try resizing your jpeg. It looks as though the auto avatar thingy has gone now.

15. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Other people seem to be having this problem as well. It seems to be that if you give it a while then it magically changes so I suspect some sort of cache issue.

One for @Good CO I'm afraid