Changing application: Regular to Reserves?!

I'm a fair way along my Regulars application process and Basic is booked for early next year. I applied a few months ago when i was in a bit of a rut job wise. Since, i've moved jobs (decent promotion) and things have improved. I'm getting cold feet about going in FT now that life is on a the uptick, although would still really love to be part of the army in some way.

Wondered how bad it would look, and how easy it is, to change to a Reserves application? Is my Assessment Centre pass able to be carried through to Reserves? Or is it a start from scratch affair? I do realise there's a more organic process involving attending the local reserves regiment etc.

Thanks for any help

Don’t listen to us, go have a chat with the local reserve people face to face, see what they tell you.

I'm a fair way along my Regulars application process and Basic is booked for early next year. I applied a few months ago when i was in a bit of a rut job wise. Since, i've moved jobs (decent promotion) and things have improved. I'm getting cold feet about going in FT now that life is on a the uptick, although would still really love to be part of the army in some way.

Wondered how bad it would look, and how easy it is, to change to a Reserves application? Is my Assessment Centre pass able to be carried through to Reserves? Or is it a start from scratch affair? I do realise there's a more organic process involving attending the local reserves regiment etc.

Thanks for any help

Ask your recruiter. You must have a contact number.

The reserves sounds perfect for you if your happy in your job.
The reserves gives you the best of both worlds.
The one thing the PSI agreed on was the Reserves got to do mainly all the fun stuff of military life like exercises and ops if they chose (or were mobilised).

His main emphasis on us however was maintaining fitness and actually keeping skills polished by turning up.

Snapper 25

Old-Salt
That’s 100% correct. Almost every career courses available to the regs you’ll be able to do in the reserves. Not to mention the adventure training and battlefield tours. There are also usually opportunities to go on exercises with the regs as well.
It just depends how much time your able to commit.

Latest Threads