Changing AFCO

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Punk_trooper, Jun 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im about to change location from bristol to malvern and was wondering if anyone knew if i can get my app sent to a different AFCO or will i have to commute to bristol when i need to visit my afco?
    (used search but nowt came up) :?

Thanks all

2. Your best off just talking to your recruiter about it, it would be no problem though I know a couple who has done the same and has been no bother :)
  3. As he said, out of courtesy let your recruiter know you are moving location and then just go in to the Malvern office.

What should happen is that the new recruiter you deal with should then as a matter of courtesy ring your old recruiter, request the paperwork to be sent via special delivery and then transfer your electronic record :)
  4. Yeah nice one matey, i gotta call them wednesday anyways.

Location: Wherever I may roam. - U a metallica fan by any chance???
  5. Let your current recruiter know.
    I think you'll find your nearest ACIO is in worcester, when you go to the worcester office let them know the score and they will arrange for your paperwork to be sent to worcester and your electronic records to be taking over by the worcester acio as well. Good luck
  6. thanks everybody for the replies, is it likely to slow my app down or just the amount of time it takes for paper work to be sent??
  7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

When I moved from Birmingham to Belfast,it slowed my application for 6 weeks,but that was pre-computer days but no,the delay will probably be minimum in this day & age.