Changing 1st choice during application process.

Hi Guys,
I am in the application process, I have my Personal Development Activity next week.
My question is regarding changing my first choice during application, and how late is too late.
My first choice is currently The Royal Welsh Regiment, but having improved my fitness at a rate I'd never have imagined or predicted, I'm confident I am now capable of joining The Parachute Regiment. I've always wanted to join The Parachute Regiment, but having worked several jobs from school, most being chef work at 85~ hours a week, I never had the time to build my fitness to that standard. Throughout the application my choices have not mentioned the Paras, so I'm wondering how they'll respond to my sudden and short-notice change of role.
30775-27717.gif

"D'yew say sumfin?"

Thank very much for the reply. My PDA is tomorrow, just wondering if my change of choice would reflect in the PDA's running, as in would they have no staff from The Paras if there aren't any recruits looking to join them, and if I change, will they have to call on short notice and get someone?

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
The PDA isn't run by capbadge, an Outreach team will be doing it. If you want Para then get your CSM to change the job choice and make sure you hit the required time tomorrow (and then again at SC when you get there). After that you will be sent on PRAC with the PARAs

Great, thanks a lot. Also, I realise the PDA is not the assessment, more of a practice stepping stone to the assessment, so I'm wondering if I dont quite meet the requirements at PDA, will they book me another one, to give me a month say, to reach it, rather than tell me I have to take my second choice, which I exceed the standards for by far. My mile and a half is 9:45 so will hopefully do it tomorrow with the competitive boost. But my pressups are pretty average and most likely wont be over the minimum of 50. Had I applied after a long time of planning, id have trained like a beast, but I applied with this in mind "if I dont apply now, I'll put it off and regret it"

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
Great, thanks a lot. Also, I realise the PDA is not the assessment, more of a practice stepping stone to the assessment, so I'm wondering if I dont quite meet the requirements at PDA, will they book me another one, to give me a month say, to reach it, rather than tell me I have to take my second choice, which I exceed the standards for by far. My mile and a half is 9:45 so will hopefully do it tomorrow with the competitive boost. But my pressups are pretty average and most likely wont be over the minimum of 50. Had I applied after a long time of planning, id have trained like a beast, but I applied with this in mind "if I dont apply now, I'll put it off and regret it"
You can be loaded to a second PDA. If youdon't think you are ready then ask to attend another. Press ups and sit ups are not tested at SC and shouldn't be on the PDA.

Oh right? I thought they would test me on pressups/situps for The Parachute Regiment. I was well aware they are not a requirement for regular infantry.

Thanks for that. Just phoned and changed my 1st choice, Sgt says no drama with changing choice up until job offer. All sorted, thanks guys.

Spot on answers above, just use the PDA as a Mock AC Selection...if you find areas that aren't quite 100% ask for more time to rectify them especially if looking at PARAs. It doesn't have to be a conveyer belt go at the best pace for you and remember you have up to 33 years of age. In cases where applicants are looking at getting loaded on Technical roles delaying a few weeks/months till you totally ready will get you a higher IDST score at AC and a better chance of getting in sooner with the job you really want.

The PDA isn't run by capbadge, an Outreach team will be doing it. If you want Para then get your CSM to change the job choice and make sure you hit the required time tomorrow (and then again at SC when you get there). After that you will be sent on PRAC with the PARAs
Ohhh get back to work :p

Spot on answers above, just use the PDA as a Mock AC Selection...if you find areas that aren't quite 100% ask for more time to rectify them especially if looking at PARAs. It doesn't have to be a conveyer belt go at the best pace for you and remember you have up to 33 years of age. In cases where applicants are looking at getting loaded on Technical roles delaying a few weeks/months till you totally ready will get you a higher IDST score at AC and a better chance of getting in sooner with the job you really want.
Thanks for that, that's what I intend to do. I was just a bit wary of looking like I've no idea why im joining and am uninformed about what im getting myself into if I take more than one PDA and also if im off the mark at the first one. But the Sergeant knows my reason for applying with little fitness prep. Id think it makes sense and comes off as sensible if I request more time, as im clearly trying to better myself for my career. Thanks everyone

Latest Threads