Changes to military Christmas postage

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Dec 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Great stuff. A few people may chunter and whine about their random acts of kindness being unappreciated, but at least this stops the system from becoming oveloaded as it did last year in particular.
  3. Policy was announced and explained months ago.

I could start a rant about why there aren't enough aircraft around or why can't we charter a one-off flight. But then we would need more Posties to distribute and more helicopters to move boxes around Theatre . and on and on and on.

Outrage bus is too late to catch last post day anyway.
  4. My fault.

This year I cut back the boxes to names and numbers and made a few donations instead.
    If you realy need to send something special/valuable then DHL it, so it costs more but its quick ! and takes the strain off the system.

5. However it does take away the unique feeling of having put together a parcel yourself with an encouraging note and Christmas card to a soldier in a far away land on a dangerous mission. Many from my village did it over the last two years and are not much interested in giving the money to charity. And many got a thank you note back again. They say it's not the same. It my opinion it cuts the link between the people and the forces and the MOD should think again.