Changes to LSSA

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Shiny_pips, Jan 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody know if there is any truth behind a rumour I heard that LSSA is going to be changed to something else in the near future? Any idea how things will change?

2. Isn't there a rumour that it is to be changed when JPA comes online??

3. Catch 22 Sparky. It'll mean less money for more time. Me? Cynical?

4. LSSA will be phased out in its present form and will be replaced by a sliding scale of approx 24/25 levels. eg. 400-500 days - £7.40 per day, 500-600 days - 8.00 per day and so on and so until you hit level 24/25. No more bonuses to work out and you are paid the money at the level you have acrued straight away.

Hope that helps.

5. LSSA will be phased out in its present form and will be replaced by a sliding scale of approx 24/25 levels. eg. 400-500 days - £7.40 per day, 500-600 days - 8.00 per day and so on and so until you hit level 24/25. No more bonuses to work out and you are paid the money at the level you have acrued straight away.

Hope that helps.

6. LSSA will be phased out in its present form and will be replaced by a sliding scale of approx 24/25 levels. eg. 400-500 days - £7.40 per day, 500-600 days - 8.00 per day and so on and so until you hit level 24/25. No more bonuses to work out and you are paid the money at the level you have acrued straight away.

Hope that helps.

7. You got a st st stutter mate?

8. No need to tell me three times. PMSL

Sparky

9. Say again all after LSSA. :)

10. Bugger Me, how did that happen?

11. These changes all rely on the introduction of JPA, but whose JPA? It is questionable whether when the fist service goes live (crabair) that the other services may have to go live too. If not someone may Redress on the differences between the services ... and win.

Moral of the tale is get your LSSA count maxed asp.

12. No worries Steward, it happened to me eight times in a row on one thread - jeez did I get flak. Seems when you press submit and an an error message comes you press it again (in the meantime your post is posted and so on and so on). What was funny was the guy who immediately got on my case did exactly the same thing so there was a little face saving....

13. Steward is just trying to up his post count.

The new LSSA system will indeed have 20+ levels but the first three are the same as the ones in at the moment. They will then go up one level per 365 days served away. The current issue is that so many punters have hit top band that there is nowhere to go so a new scale was needed.

I can't think who will be the superstar getting to level 20 (20 yrs deployed service???) in one lifetime. The navy are getting some system based on 3 days counting as 1 for days at sea I think (do not quote me on that though).

14. Will the CRABS get to level 25 for just thinking of being away for the weekend?

15. I heard there was only 14 levels. Unless the top ten, as has been said are for the Navy and their triple time. Even with our current commitment level it would be hard to get to 14/22 years of service.

I remain sceptical, until it I have been properly informed, but we may be better off than with the current bonus scheme. I've always fall a few days short, and having completed a one year long course recently I am pretty much starting again from scratch.