Changes to criteria for campaign medals

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Aggregated days will now count towards campaign medal criteria. From ArmyNet:

Changes to criteria for campaign medals

Hundreds more personnel are to receive operational campaign medals under new plans announced by the Ministry of Defence on Wednesday 4 August 2010.
At present, personnel who serve for 30 continuous days qualify for Iraq and Afghanistan campaign medals. Following a review, those who have served for an aggregate period of 45 days will also now be eligible. These changes will be backdated to the start of both operations.
Under the new plans, personnel who deploy for short periods of time will be allowed to build up accrued days to achieve an aggregate qualifying period of 45 days' service.
These changes have been approved by Her Majesty The Queen following recommendations by military Chiefs of Staff.
The Minister for Defence Personnel, Welfare and Veterans, Andrew Robathan, said: "I am pleased to be able to announce these changes, which will mean that hundreds of brave personnel who have served in the most dangerous of circumstances will now receive the recognition they deserve."
Serving personnel who believe they may now be eligible should apply through their unit admin staff. Ex-service personnel should contact the MOD Medal Office at:
Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA)
MOD Medal Office
Building 250
Imjin Barracks
GLOUCESTER
GL3 1HW

Tel: 0141 224 3600
Veterans' Freephone: 0800 085 3600
I guess there's now an incentive for Generals and Colonels-In-Chief to make more theatre fact-finding/morale visits.

I guess there's now an incentive for Generals and Colonels-In-Chief to make more theatre fact-finding/morale visits.
That's what I thought as well, The only people (other than high ranking officers) I can think of who might benefit are those who were based in Kuwait (after Telic One) but drove on the convoys to Iraq frequently. Although apparently some medical staff that fly into theatre briefly might be eligible.

It's good news for some. Especially the likes of the OPTAG instructors etc who were frequently in and out of theatre but very rarely did over 30 consecutive days.

ACAB

On ROPS
On ROPs
Strange you write to Gloucester but phone Glasgow last time I looked Gloucester code was 01452