Changes at IWM

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
A few years ago I was visiting the oily pointy heads at West Moors and decided to take in the Tank Museum on my (diverted) way home. I wandered about having a great time as my last visit had been as a 6 year old in 1966. I was in uniform and lost count of the number of visitors that thought I was a member of staff so I spent a few happy hours relating to them how the Tiger was in fact the best British tank of the war as we had captured this particular example and that Centurion was actually an Israeli design whilst all the Huns had actually designed was the Praying Mantis etc etc.

Of course I didn't, but my goodness it was tempting!

As a museum I love it, always have - knocks all other tank museums out of the park, as befits the inventors of the bloody thing!
I can't wait for the Rangers museum to open.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
It's going to be in Glasgow of course.

Batman1996

Clanker
Being Duxford is 15 minutes up the road, I probably spend more time there than I should. They have a Spitfire photo shoot on the 19th Feb for those that are interested
I saw that the other day and from what I can gather was fully booked. Off the top of my head, cost £50 (including IWM Duxford entry), timings for the shoot were 1600-2130 with entrance to rest of site available at 1530

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer