Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change to the Ignore function - a suggestion

NSP

LE
Vaguely related to the actual thread topic (oh, the humanity!) but it might be handy - as well as amusing in a "tears of impotant rage" way - if the coding was altered such that if a user has another user on "ignore" then the ignored user can't use the ratings buttons on the ignorers posts.

whistling.gif

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
1611134557723.png

Tyk

LE
Vaguely related to the actual thread topic (oh, the humanity!) but it might be handy - as well as amusing in a "tears of impotant rage" way - if the coding was altered such that if a user has another user on "ignore" then the ignored user can't use the ratings buttons on the ignorers posts.

whistling.gif

Nice idea, but the types who run whining to site admins just because someone's been a bit mean to them have a battery of sockpuppets to mash the mong buttons with while claiming to have the poster on ignore.
Amusing idea though :)

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Nice idea, but the types who run whining to site admins just because someone's been a bit mean to them have a battery of sockpuppets to mash the mong buttons with while claiming to have the poster on ignore.
Amusing idea though :)
This.

For the mods, it's like wandering through a maze playing whack-a-mole. Who's got time for that nonsense?

I can't help acting like a dyk
Indeed, you spent three years desperately trying to get my attention, then whined like fck when you finally did.

I'm sure you're not needy in real life, though...

I have asked you a few times what caused your desperate butthurt, but you haven't answered for some reason.

whistling.gif
The thickerati would sob and think it censorship...

My magical powers do reach into that mystical place known as ARRSE Towers...
I still think it would be a good idea.

Up thread someone suggested that it would be tantamount to censorship, but that's not the case. It's just a way of stopping some of the more tedious trolling; look at Simmerit and his obsession with Himmler, for example.

I think I've upset Tyk again.

Tyk

LE
Indeed, you spent three years desperately trying to get my attention, then whined like fck when you finally did.

I'm sure you're not needy in real life, though...

I have asked you a few times what caused your desperate butthurt, but you haven't answered for some reason.

I've never understood why you took such great exception to having the piss ripped out of you and having your trolling nature pointed out. I don't even recall what I'm supposed to have posted that caused you to to use the ignore function.
I didn't whine like fk, I believed for a short period that the site or my account was b0rked and then found out after a few PM's that you had gone off whining to site admin like a spoiled brat and that my access to the reactions function had been temporarily suspended (without the basic step of informing me). It was immediately restored. You're the one who whined and I'm not the only poster you've whined about.

I'm not upset, I'm amused you think you're even marginally capable of upsetting me. You post dumb repetitive trolling and I push the appropriate mong button, it's funny that gets you reacting by PM to site admins.

You appear to be the one displaying sore botty syndrome, not me.

I've never understood why you took such great exception to having the piss ripped out of you and having your trolling nature pointed out. I don't even recall what I'm supposed to have posted that caused you to to use the ignore function.
I didn't whine like fk, I believed for a short period that the site or my account was b0rked and then found out after a few PM's that you had gone off whining to site admin like a spoiled brat and that my access to the reactions function had been temporarily suspended (without the basic step of informing me). It was immediately restored. You're the one who whined and I'm not the only poster you've whined about.

I'm not upset, I'm amused you think you're even marginally capable of upsetting me. You post dumb repetitive trolling and I push the appropriate mong button, it's funny that gets you reacting by PM to site admins.

You appear to be the one displaying sore botty syndrome, not me.

Any reason why you won't say what I did that upset you so much you've spent the last three years following me around like shit on a shoe?

Tyk

LE
Any reason why you won't say what I did that upset you so much you've spent the last three years following me around like shit on a shoe?

As I just said you've not upset me, where you've posted on threads that interest me and where what you've posted has been dumb (mong button), repetitive (mong button) or plain trolling (mong button) I've either posted countering your bollocks or just applied the mong buttons. You're the one that's interpreted that as following you around and you're the one that's got upset to the point of sending reports and PM's to site admin.

You're the one that's upset and you've even gone to the extreme of creating this poorly conceived thread as you're so scared of people you ignore taking the piss out of your posts. Weak, cowardly and childish is how you come across on ARRSE.

Last edited:
Wow!. An old for a post made on 12 Dec last. You're well up to speed, Trigger.

Trigger? Hah!

As I just said you've not upset me, where you've posted on threads that interest me and where what you've posted has been dumb (mong button), repetitive (mong button) or plain trolling (mong button) I've either posted countering your bollocks or just applied the mong buttons. You're the one that's interpreted that as following you around and you're the one that's got upset to the point of sending reports and PM's to site admin.

You're the one that's upset and you've even gone to the extreme of creating this poorly conceived thread as you're so scared of people you ignore taking the piss out of your posts. Weak, cowardly and childish is how you come across on ARRSE.
Liar.

Tyk

LE

Prove it!
You're the one who's demonstrated being all upset by use of ignore, reports and PM's about several ARRSE posters myself included in an attempt to get the person who upset you sanctioned.
You're the weakling that felt the need to make this thread in the first place.

You're the one who's upset and runs to teacher squealing that a big boy in the playground hurt your feelings.

Latest Threads