Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change to the Ignore function - a suggestion

Sorry to interrupt lads, but iv'e run out of beer and popcorn, could you all just take five while i nip out, just out, not out out, down the corner shop and get some more, thanks awfully!

some appear to be able to sprint a marathon.

must be extensive practice in running away.
Stop Snickersing at the back.

Tyk

LE
Yeah... he can still see your shite posts though. Perhaps you should start a whiny thread asking for the ignore facility to be changed so you can stop people seeing your po...

Nah... forget that idea, nobody would ever be that whiny stupid.

Would they?

Seems he's so scared of me that he ran screaming to the site admins about me pushing the mong button on some of his posts resulting in my ability to use reactions being withdrawn, censorship still seems to be high on his agenda although growing a pair, abandoning hypocrisy and cowardice isn't.

I do wonder if ARRSE is a little robust for his sensitive feelings, maybe he'd be better off on Mumsnet or a forum for 5 year olds.

Last edited:
Seems he's so scared of me that he ran screaming to the site admins about me pushing the mong button on some of his posts resulting in my ability to use reactions being withdrawn, censorship still seems to be high on his agenda although growing a pair, abandoning hypocrisy and cowardice isn't.

I do wonder if ARRSE is a little robust for his sensitive feelings, maybe he'd be better off on Mumsnet or a forum for 5 year olds.
Yeah... me too. I had a PM from a mod telling me to leave him alone or get banned.

Didn’t know they could switch your buttons off but then again, i only ever use the three positive (like, funny & excellent) except on his posts where I used his favourite ‘old' button because it made him cry.

That said, taking no notice of him is easier than making him weep.

You haven't seen tyranny until you've incurred the wrath of the Mumsnet moderators, it's like a nest of face slicing menopausal mad cat ladies over there

Yeah... me too. I had a PM from a mod telling me to leave him alone or get banned.

Didn’t know they could switch your buttons off but then again, i only ever use the three positive (like, funny & excellent) except on his posts where I used his favourite ‘old' button because it made him cry.

That said, taking no notice of him is easier than making him weep.
I just thought you'd had a Damascene moment and asked yourself, "Why on earth am I doing this?"

Apologies

I burst an ovary laughing at how much Moderator really, really isn't at all bothered.
Ovaries, eh?
Always suspected you were a tart.

(Awaiting words from your tame mod.)

If you refrained from Trolling outside of the NAAFI Bar (primarily on the EU and Boris thread), I bet the "dullardy" would dissipate significantly (if not totally disappear).
I find the vast majority of your posts informative/useful, its not that difficult for me to scroll past your occasional Trolling (which I bet you regard as just poking the muppets).
Could somebody screenshot my post as Bravo_Bravo has me on ignore?

The disagree is because it won't. Just look at the Himmler baiting, and the references to StBobs previous incarnation for examples.

Bugsy doesn't help his own course mind, the fool.

If they can’t see your posts and you start a thread like the trump presidency, the way l read it is you don’t want them to have the ability to see that thread as you’ll be the op, that’s where the censorship part comes in. You’re denying them the chance to contribute because you have a personal problem with them.
No.

Take an example of a poster getting fixated on another, and can't help following them around the site, constantly quoting him and sniping away.

It gets dull after a while and breaks up the flow of a fair few threads.

If the Ignore function was two way, people would not be able to stalk others. Most people realise it does happen.

I don’t think the Ignore function hides entire threads anyway.

Tyk

LE
No.

Take an example of a poster getting fixated on another, and can't help following them around the site, constantly quoting him and sniping away.

It gets dull after a while and breaks up the flow of a fair few threads.

If the Ignore function was two way, people would not be able to stalk others. Most people realise it does happen.

I don’t think the Ignore function hides entire threads anyway.

If you didn't troll constantly people wouldn't have cause or a desire to mock you, hardly a complicated concept. Just like Bugsy you're responsible for how the other ARRSE posters treat you and your posts.
This thread is a glowing example of why people treat you as a bellend, you seek to censor ARRSE to suit your own desires which wouldn't benefit ARRSE in any way.

You've put a tin hat on it by being so weak that you repeatedly run to site admins screaming you're being bullied by the nasty kids in the playground.

Latest Threads