Change of the IS Supervisor Title

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by gwis, Jan 19, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Being in a NATO unit I only get a wiff of what is going on in the Corps every now and again, I have heard the IS Sup is becoming FofS (IS) and Sup Radio will become YofS(Radio). Anyone know of any truth in this
    :?: :?: :?:
  2. There are always ideas being kicked around, but I don't believe that any firm decisions have been made yet.

BTW - The first one (FofS IS) I have heard of, the second one (YofS Radio)I haven't. First one kinda makes sense the second one certainly doesn' least to me.
  3. Thats a TA title - TA YoS who's main trade is Radio
  4. Maybe the powers that be are saying something about the amount of work done by the Sup Radio!!!!!!
  5. And maybe not :lol:
  6. I think that it would be a good thing to change the name. However you should only have that title if you are holding the position at a unit.

There are lots that did the IT Introduction version of Supervisor a couple of years ago that shouldnt be able to use it.

A bit contentious...but the criteria for each should be broadly similar.
  7. A little off the mark there snotrag. To hold the appointment of Supervisor IS, you have to be selected for, and attend the Supervisor IS course at Blandford. You then hold the appointment and are posted into a vacancy as a Supervisor IS.

The only exception to that are people awarded the appointment when the IS Eng trade was new (mainly ex ADP Spec WO's) and the Sups course didnt exist.