Change of Auctioneer in 2013

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Dec 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

All, As you know I've been covering the 'Holidays for Heroes' auctions whilst YesItsMe has been indisposed. It's a lot of fun, and I raise a lot of cash due to the generosity of ARRSers in donating items and bidding for them.

However, my paid job is very demanding at the moment, and I'm often at places with no easy access to ARRSe so it's difficult to reply to queries and PMs quickly. And the travel means that occasionally I have to mess about with auction end times. This will continue to be so into 2013. It's no bad thing, as I shall avoid being made redundant, but it does mean that I need to do less on the 'Holidays for Heroes' front, so I'm cutting back to 'only' organising the Dorset / Wiltshire fundraising events.

From January, Shopgirl has kindly volunteered to be the lead Auctioneer here on ARRSe. I shall of course help from the background, and YesItsMe is also there as part of the team. I can't thank Shopgirl enough for volunteering to do this!

We already have some fab items for auction in the 'Get your Valentine turned on with this little lot' campaign planned to start in mid-January.

1. Picture of the Red Arrows as auctioned for Christmas, but signed by the whole 2013 Red Arrows Team. Donated by Tony at www.paintandpixels.co.uk
    . 1 x set of GearTags and also a set of MiniGearTags from KitTags, each embroidered with up to four initials or else a Zap Number on the big tags. The winners can choose their colour. Donated by tich. ARRSers who have been to hot places will recognise the tags!
    3. Two books donated by buyers from Christmas. Plus a book of poetry from the ABC.

If you have any more items for auction after 1.1.13, would you please contact Shopgirl in the first instance? I shall continue to handle queries regarding the recent Christmas Campaign, plus the Signed Stumpy which is on auction at present.

Many thanks for all your support whilst I've been auctioneering, I couldn't have raised all that dosh without you, and a lot of hamsters are grateful, as well as a lot of chaps and chappesses who probably wish that their only problem was 'too much to do'.

GRB

2. Is she fit?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Is there a signed picture of her up for auction?

4. Grownup_Rafbrat

Well, I'm no person to judge, not being of the lesbian persuasion.

5. But what happens about the lemon drizzle cake ?

6. She's a lezzer?

7. Banker

Banker On ROPs

£500 for validated high-res lezzer photos of the two of 'em..........might as well start as we intend to go on.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Fixed, all fees to charity

• Like Like x 1
  9. Grownup_Rafbrat

That continues to be available at Weymouth, Tankfest, Tiger Day, and the other events. You offering to help?

10. Grownup_Rafbrat

Nope, and neither am I, so I can't comment on her 'fitness'.

11. Grownup_Rafbrat

Swap you for similar of you with Porridge_gun.

Both as likely, imho.

xx

12. So to get pics, sorry,"high res" pics of you & shopgirl doing things that wins awards in the adult entertainment industry, all one has to do is provide same with self & Porridge_gun?....be right back, I have a PM to compose & send.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using ARRSE mobile app

13. Grownup_Rafbrat

Photoshop doesn't count. :)

14. Banker

Banker On ROPs

He's not called Smoker for nothing......

15. shopgirl

shopgirl LE Good Egg (charities)

Exactly so :)