Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I just got my online medical form back and it said I was disqualified. So I called them up and asked what it was that did this. It was because I have previously had asthma (which I haven't suffered from for a 6 years now) and because I have at 2 or more doses of medical steroids for my asthma since the age of 5 this disqualifies me. I have had only 2 does when I was 5 and 6 so I only just miss out on the criteria. I am of course going to appeal this as joining the army is something I've always wanted to do. But I was wondering what luck I would have of winning this case. I haven't suffered from asthma for about 6 years now and had only 2 does of steroids when I was young. I hope that I will win this case and I will be seeing my GP as soon as from them to write a letter for my appeal. But any opinions on weather I will win this case would help.

Many Thank,
Jack

Bris

LE
Each case is individual, as such without your medical notes there's no point anyone commenting on you likelihood of being successful.

Good luck.

You have to be a certain of number of years free of treatment. Also eventually it is likely to return. Asthma is a twat.

I know this was over a year ago, but did you successfully appeal? I'm I'm same boat, a course when i was 1 and another when I was 6. I havent had any symptoms in over 11 Years and my gp wrote a letter in my favor explaining it and saying they have deemed me asthma resolved and I'm currently waiting on the army doctor to get back to me to see if its been successfully appealed

Status
Not open for further replies.