Chances of getting called up?

Gamer 69

Old-Salt
AGC clerk - 1999 to 2003, Remob - 2006/07 to take a shit in the desert, as my OC used to say

Auxiliary Nurse - Trauma & Ortho - 2003 to 2008 (circa) less 18 months for the above tour, post op leave, annual leave etc

Last 12 years - bouncing around NHS Trusts, finally in a non NHS organsation, that delivers front line NHS commissioned services. Part Qualified Management Accountant, looking after about £10 million of budget.

Current Directive - deliver financial year end in line with statuory financial returns and provide financial information for senior team to deliver strategy to combat Coronavirus

In 2 weeks - do something direct care related? Zoom call today with the Head of Finance going on about those of us who have clinical experience going to the front line. Bearing in mind out of the rest of the finance team we have an ex factory manager, an ex McDonalds team leader and someone who has always worked in finance, it doesn't take a genius to work out who she was referring to. The Head of Finance mentioned this 4 times so yeah, she was making some sort of a point.

My mate keeps face-booking to say we are getting deployed, with me saying it's been 13 or 14 years, but he's now going on about accountants being called up to help out. As far as the army are concerned I am an ex pen pusher and not a management accountant with 10 years of experience.

Obviously I am less rusty on finance than care. I would actually like one last hurrah in green kit, but this is probably wishful thinking. I am assuming my current employer has dibs?

I can't find any information on-line and I am hesitant to bother the Army directly. Is there any advice or I guess it's just getting on with it, if the army want me, they'll grab me?

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
They haven’t even called up all the reserves yet.

You’re well down the list.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Yarra

Old-Salt
Wot Ravers just said.

There is only limited mobilisation of AR atm, most individual. The Army are putting sensible Force Protection measures in place and are settled in for the duration. If we have to call you lot out, something will have gone very seriously wrong.

However, the NHS are probably looking at people like you as BCR.. so dig yer scrubs out nursey.. ;)

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
They're more likely to contact @Ravers to erect a 5000 bed temporary field hospital in his back garden. :D
But he won't be able to feed them as his Aga's kaput. :grin:

I have been out there, waiting in the shadows, building a new life in retirement, just like Rambo. The old life is behind me. I vowed never to kill another man.

Maybe the Colonel will visit me in a helicopter, because I'm his last, best hope. Maybe I'll be reactivated.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
I have been out there, waiting in the shadows, building a new life in retirement, just like Rambo. The old life is behind me. I vowed never to kill another man.

Maybe the Colonel will visit me in a helicopter, because I'm his last, best hope. Maybe I'll be reactivated.
You're more suited to:
spinquisition.gif

I thought I heard a helicopter landing nearby , it turned out to be one of those machines they use for tamping down the asphalt when they repair the roads .
They are laying fibre optic cable , you see.

Gamer 69

Old-Salt
Wot Ravers just said.

There is only limited mobilisation of AR atm, most individual. The Army are putting sensible Force Protection measures in place and are settled in for the duration. If we have to call you lot out, something will have gone very seriously wrong.

However, the NHS are probably looking at people like you as BCR.. so dig yer scrubs out nursey.. ;)
Man, I really don't want to wear a nurse's uniform. It was fine when I was 29, single and banged half the ward, 42, married, grey hair, not so much.

Well if you shave your legs and wear a push up bra maybe you'll get away with it again.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
If they start calling the Regular Reserve back to active service. Then we're all doomed.

I believe the CO's words when I was discharged " fcuk off and don't come back " means I won't have to worry about getting back into uniform again.

If they start calling the Regular Reserve back to active service. Then we're all doomed.
Not if I'm reactivated. That would be a game changer. I will bring humanity back together as a global community using CLANSMAN kit.
There is hope.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Not if I'm reactivated. That would be a game changer. I will bring humanity back together as a global community using CLANSMAN kit.
There is hope.
Soldiers who have had to deploy with Clansman or Bowman have usually communicated using mobile phones. I did chuckle on one exercise where all mobiles were banned. It was a painful reality check for some.

Then the country will be totally and utterly shagged.

By some ghey god-botherers recalled to the colours.

Then the country will be totally and utterly shagged.

By some ghey god-botherers recalled to the colours.
Well, it's lucky I'm not a homosexual, then. I'm a dashing GILF magnet, and I'm ready to do it.

Soldiers who have had to deploy with Clansman or Bowman have usually communicated using mobile phones. I did chuckle on one exercise where all mobiles were banned. It was a painful reality check for some.
Shhhh... Hush, my child. CLANSMAN (supplemented by commercial kit and services) will make it better. I promise.

Latest Threads