Chances of appealing and succeeding!

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Lairdy, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I've recently applied to join the army, I have been deferred for two medical reasons:

whip lash from a silly car accident last year
    and anxiety,

i have to the best of my ability written a personal letter explaining further into detail about issues raised and I've got 3 additional letters. One from my gp to explain I'm not anxious and a letter from Physio therapist explaining whip lash has been resolved, and a letter from the owner of the gym where I train. I have also sent them my gym routine and all run times distances etc. I sent all this info off yest and it's a case of waiting now. Has anyone had experience of being medically deferred, appealed and been successful? The letter I wrote took me about 3 weeks to complete as I really went to town on it hoping for a good result, I explained the issues raised are of great concern where the anxiety is regarded, and that I really am not an anxious person the appointment I had booked for the gp was nothing to do with anxiety, it was a separate issue all together, he just so happened to ask me how I was feeling and I explained I was slightly worried about the separate issue I had, he then headed the appointment with anxiety!!!. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. You sound anxious to me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Not in the slightest, just really eager to hear back!

4. HHH

HHH LE

So what you're saying is that if any member of this site has problems using it, they should think about it for three weeks then write a letter to the CO's.
    Thanks, that's a handy tip I wouldn't have thought of!

P.S. I think you would be better posting your question in the recruitment threads (after first reading the stickies to see if it has already been covered)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ah yeah I realise this now...Sorry still getting a feel for the site using my phone, right wally!

Also Reason i took three weeks, waiting for other letters so thought I'd take advantage of the time to get it right (here's hoping)...I will be sure to look at site so I can use it properly!! Thanx

6. I'd hope the folk at the recruitment office recognize your enthusiasm. Not like I know all that much about the army, not being in yet, but from what I've seen thus far, it seems like willingness goes a long way. Wish you luck.

• Like Like x 1
  7. This site cannot help you with appeals and should be wary posting personal information in the public domain. Speak with the AFCO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.