Chancellor Welcomes the Launch of New Aircraft Carrier

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by UK_Daily_Pundit, Feb 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Has Gordon Brown eaten the rest of it?

3. A bit optomistic isnt it?

I thought the 07 budget would only allow this class of vessels.

HMS Procrastonate
    Type: Airfix carrier
    Engine: Elbow Grease
    Armament: An bright colour
    Crew: 1
    Support Personell: 2 (Foot pump operator and Repair kit administrator

Attached Files:

4. Don't be so profligate with the tax payers money,Suits_U!

This is more appropriate:

[​IMG]

5. Can't seee GB being flash with the cash. Here's what he has really ordered:

[​IMG]

6. After the latest defence cuts and procurement excersise, the latest Royal Marines training excersise was a resounding success!!

Attached Files:

7. Don't be silly, the Navy are becomeing ever more land based as seen here:
    HM Rock:
    [​IMG]

The closest thing to a carrier.

8. Don't laugh too hard. Before the Falklands war a cunning plan was formed to make the Navy's carriers redundant and therefore available for sale to suitable friendly nations such as Argentina.

The Sea Harrier force would be completely land based in peace time. In the event of war, a large tanker or container ship would be procured. Steel plates would be quickly welded to the upper deck to form a 'flight deck'.

Hey presto - instant aircraft carrier.

How long do you think it will take Brown to cancel the new carriers after he becomes PM?

9. ...but due to defence cuts the MoD could only buy one instead of a pair...

10. Ancient Mariner asked how long before Brown cancels the aircraft carriers. Days I imagine, UNLESS Rosyth is involved.
    Watch out the 'Big Regiments' - four battalions ? surely three will be sufficient.
    Why do we need that many Typhoons ?
    Bliar is the worst ever, certainly in my 65 years, but we aint seen nothing yet!!
    Broon is well balanced with a chip on each shoulder. Who is he going to blame for the financial mess we are going to be in intrigues me. Any suggestions ?

11. Ancient Mariner asked how long before Brown cancels the aircraft carriers. Days I imagine, UNLESS Rosyth is involved.
    Watch out the 'Big Regiments' - four battalions ? surely three will be sufficient.
    Why do we need that many Typhoons ?
    Bliar is the worst ever, certainly in my 65 years, but we aint seen nothing yet!!
    Broon is well balanced with a chip on each shoulder. Who is he going to blame for the financial mess we are going to be in intrigues me. Any suggestions ?

12. 'kinell FS - Opsec - that piccy was classified (Rocks on marine ops) ;-)