Chancellor Welcomes the Launch of New Aircraft Carrier

A bit optomistic isnt it?

I thought the 07 budget would only allow this class of vessels.

HMS Procrastonate
Type: Airfix carrier
Engine: Elbow Grease
Armament: An bright colour
Crew: 1
Support Personell: 2 (Foot pump operator and Repair kit administrator

Attachments

Don't laugh too hard. Before the Falklands war a cunning plan was formed to make the Navy's carriers redundant and therefore available for sale to suitable friendly nations such as Argentina.

The Sea Harrier force would be completely land based in peace time. In the event of war, a large tanker or container ship would be procured. Steel plates would be quickly welded to the upper deck to form a 'flight deck'.

Hey presto - instant aircraft carrier.

How long do you think it will take Brown to cancel the new carriers after he becomes PM?

lanky

Old-Salt
Oracle said:
Can't seee GB being flash with the cash. Here's what he has really ordered:

...but due to defence cuts the MoD could only buy one instead of a pair...

Ancient Mariner asked how long before Brown cancels the aircraft carriers. Days I imagine, UNLESS Rosyth is involved.
Watch out the 'Big Regiments' - four battalions ? surely three will be sufficient.
Why do we need that many Typhoons ?
Bliar is the worst ever, certainly in my 65 years, but we aint seen nothing yet!!
Broon is well balanced with a chip on each shoulder. Who is he going to blame for the financial mess we are going to be in intrigues me. Any suggestions ?

Ancient Mariner asked how long before Brown cancels the aircraft carriers. Days I imagine, UNLESS Rosyth is involved.
Watch out the 'Big Regiments' - four battalions ? surely three will be sufficient.
Why do we need that many Typhoons ?
Bliar is the worst ever, certainly in my 65 years, but we aint seen nothing yet!!
Broon is well balanced with a chip on each shoulder. Who is he going to blame for the financial mess we are going to be in intrigues me. Any suggestions ?

Latest Threads