Champions League draw 30.08.07

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Apologies if posted already. I have checked, honest!

Group A: Liverpool, Porto, Marseille, Besiktas

Group B: Chelsea, Valencia, FC Schalke 04, Rosenborg

Group C: Real Madrid, Werder Bremen, Lazio, Olympiakos

Group D: AC Milan, Benfica, Celtic, Shakhtar Don'tsk

Group E: Barcelona, Lyon, VfB Stuttgart, Rangers

Group F: Manchester United, Roma, Sporting Lisbon, Dynamo Kiev

Group G: Internazionale, PSV Eindhoven, CSKA Moscow, Fenerbahce

Group H: Arsenal, Sevilla or AEK Athens, Steaua Bucharest, Slavia Prague

I know Celtic and Rangers were 3rd and 4th seeds, but I think both of them will end up in the UEFA Cup.

Not bad draws for any of the English teams however agree with H_T_B that the Scottish lads will struggle.

No blooming German teams, nor Dutch, nearest is bloody Marseille and that’s a f*cking early start to drive. :x

What’s the point of being on mainland Europe when we keep getting teams the other end of the continent :( :(

Chelsea v Schalke now that would be convenient

Grumble whinge moan sulk :evil: :evil:

On the whole a good draw for all, I would be surprised not to see all 4 English clubs through the group stage :D :D

drain_sniffer said:
No, Rafa has taken over the mantle of chief whinger
Doesn't seem that bothered to me:-

Rafael Benitez has warned his Liverpool side face a tough task to qualify for the knock-out stages of the Champions League following today's draw in Monaco.
The Reds have been placed in Group A of the competition along with Porto, Marseille and Besiktas as they look to enjoy another successful European adventure this term.

"It's clear when you look at some of the other groups that ours could have been easier," said the Reds' boss.

"Porto have good experience in the Champions League and have enjoyed a good record over recent seasons. They will be tough opposition for us.

"Marseille are a good side in the French league and they will know a lot about us which could make it more difficult.

"And you always know when you go to Turkey that it will be hard because of the travelling involved and the wonderful support they give their teams over there.

"I am always confident we can qualify but as ever the key will be winning the home games and picking up results away."

drain_sniffer said:
heidtheba said:
FFS d_s, another bad day? :wink:
I thought I might get a little nibble :D
the only nibble you will get out of me is if chelski win the title over us by 1 or 2 points at the end of the season, after that shocking penalty decision which robbed us of a 1-0 deserved victory and two points.

that would have fucked up jose's 97 / 100 unbeaten run, wouldn't it ;)

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
drain_sniffer said:
heidtheba said:
FFS d_s, another bad day? :wink:
I thought I might get a little nibble :D
the only nibble you will get out of me is if chelski win the title over us by 1 or 2 points at the end of the season, after that shocking penalty decision which robbed us of a 1-0 deserved victory and two points.

that would have fucked up jose's 97 / 100 unbeaten run, wouldn't it ;)
Or, on reflection, you could consider it justice for Aston Villa after that shocking free kick decision which led to the winner, or even for Shef Utd who had 3 points snatched at the start of last season when Gerrard dived in the box to get a dodgy pen?

Ha its never ending. Swings and roundabouts

DS. The only league you will win is the ARRSE premiership. Maybe. If we dont our ARRSES kicked by a bird.

Yes_Sir! said:

DS. The only league you will win is the ARRSE premiership. Maybe. If we dont our ARRSES kicked by a bird.
FCUK off, he hasnt a chance with the ARRSE premiership and neither has Dozy, Spice or H_T_B (you said three birds didnt you :wink: )
D_S is only top because he pm'd us all and said he'd kick us out HIS league if we didnt let him win. :D

The_IRON said:
Yes_Sir! said:

FCUK off, he hasnt a chance with the ARRSE premiership and neither has Dozy, Spice or H_T_B (you said three birds didnt you :wink: )
D_S is only top because he pm'd us all and said he'd kick us out HIS league if we didnt let him win. :D
Woh, woh. Stop it or I'll start the Tiffy thing again. :D :wink:

heidtheba said:
I know Celtic and Rangers were 3rd and 4th seeds, but I think both of them will end up in the UEFA Cup.
You're probably right, but Celtic are probably kicking themselves that they beat some big names last year and only went out in extra time to the team who finally won it. Rumour has it that Celtic are after a couple of big name signings tomorrow.

I hear you can get Poles for half the price as Brit lads! :lol: