Champions League draw 30.08.07

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Sixty, Aug 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Apologies if posted already. I have checked, honest!

Group A: Liverpool, Porto, Marseille, Besiktas

Group B: Chelsea, Valencia, FC Schalke 04, Rosenborg

Group C: Real Madrid, Werder Bremen, Lazio, Olympiakos

Group D: AC Milan, Benfica, Celtic, Shakhtar Don'tsk

Group E: Barcelona, Lyon, VfB Stuttgart, Rangers

Group F: Manchester United, Roma, Sporting Lisbon, Dynamo Kiev

Group G: Internazionale, PSV Eindhoven, CSKA Moscow, Fenerbahce

Group H: Arsenal, Sevilla or AEK Athens, Steaua Bucharest, Slavia Prague

2. I know Celtic and Rangers were 3rd and 4th seeds, but I think both of them will end up in the UEFA Cup.

3. Arsenal have the easiest I think

4. Not bad draws for any of the English teams however agree with H_T_B that the Scottish lads will struggle.

5. No blooming German teams, nor Dutch, nearest is bloody Marseille and that’s a f*cking early start to drive. :x

What’s the point of being on mainland Europe when we keep getting teams the other end of the continent :( :(

Chelsea v Schalke now that would be convenient

Grumble whinge moan sulk :evil: :evil:

On the whole a good draw for all, I would be surprised not to see all 4 English clubs through the group stage :D :D

6. Good draw for Liverpool. :D

7. No, Rafa has taken over the mantle of chief whinger

8. Now there is a fish for a bite if ever I seen one!!!

9. Doesn't seem that bothered to me:-

Rafael Benitez has warned his Liverpool side face a tough task to qualify for the knock-out stages of the Champions League following today's draw in Monaco.
    The Reds have been placed in Group A of the competition along with Porto, Marseille and Besiktas as they look to enjoy another successful European adventure this term.

"It's clear when you look at some of the other groups that ours could have been easier," said the Reds' boss.

"Porto have good experience in the Champions League and have enjoyed a good record over recent seasons. They will be tough opposition for us.

"Marseille are a good side in the French league and they will know a lot about us which could make it more difficult.

"And you always know when you go to Turkey that it will be hard because of the travelling involved and the wonderful support they give their teams over there.

"I am always confident we can qualify but as ever the key will be winning the home games and picking up results away."

10. because Jose finally paused for breath? :)

11. FFS d_s, another bad day? :wink:

12. I thought I might get a little nibble :D

13. the only nibble you will get out of me is if chelski win the title over us by 1 or 2 points at the end of the season, after that shocking penalty decision which robbed us of a 1-0 deserved victory and two points.

that would have fucked up jose's 97 / 100 unbeaten run, wouldn't it ;)