Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Challenger 2

Cowhead said:
Mainly because BADGER kick ass most places they go. BATUS vs KRH springs to mind, talk about shock and awe...

I was there! Recce.

Once Badger, always Badger.

Badger boys we are here, shag you women and drink your beer...

drinks_drunk.gif

What you telling me for ? Batus is bollocks any way . Us recce boys have done for it real , thats why recce is getting bigger and tankies are getting smaller . Tanks are dead .

recce wil have to be friking quick to out do a chall 2.....recce are geting bigger because they are more exspendable !
wouldnt fancy my chances in a tin can against one...tess does not reflect the true damage of battle.

sniper9 said:
its not that good, seeing as a tiny CVRT can wipe out an whole sqn on his own(yes i did that) OPFOR BATUS 2001 KRH had brown pants to match their brown hats!!

Brown pants seem to describe most units who have faced 2RTR on the praire. I recall all of OPFOR less a Tk Coy being sent in off the area so Household Cav would have a fair chance. Our OpOrder was not to move from our position (even thought we were on the advance) to give them a fair chance.

Result......OPFOR Tk Coy 1---HCav 0

On the Praire 2RTR rule all the way.

sniper9 said:
its not that good, seeing as a tiny CVRT can wipe out an whole sqn on his own(yes i did that) OPFOR BATUS 2001 KRH had brown pants to match their brown hats!!

Would that be an OPFOR CVRT instrumented to behave like a T80?

Hang on boys i am up for a bit of banter like the rest of us , but come on something is really wrong if a CR2 is having a pop at a CVR(T) . Its all gone a bit '' my dads bigger than your dad '' . We all have totally different jobs to do . ok so a CR2 has a big 120mm , i have a 30mm pop gun , if i need to fire it i am in deep shit any way . I do have a 346 radio and a very expensive course behind me so i can call in jets to my hearts content or until i run out of batts . Its not like the RTR to be totally up themselves , uuuummmmmm some things never change .

RTR never were up their selves, more down trodden if you ask me.
Cav always took the lime light, however since 2RTR opened the BATUS OPFOR we have done nothing but quietly shown who we are.

Actions do speak louder than words I am just glad that the brass now "sees" the men in black.

Recce getting bigger than MBT Regiments? Ask yourself how much it costs to "commission" a CVRT over a CR2.

Tanks are far from dead. As long as they have them so will we.

Slightly off thopic there chaps,

But I happen to have witnessesd on a Tes ex, a troop of CVRT being taken out by a light recce Tp in soft skinned vehicles with LAW 94s.

Boys this is really getting just a bit silly dont you think . Oh course a challenger can take out a CVR(T) if that was to happen for real well some one has to be in the shit big time . Tankie boy this all started as a bit of banter but i think you are a lot junior than you make out . Once you have done a bit of Command time you may learn the whole big picture of what happens on the battle field Us recce boys are miles and miles in front of you we report what we see up the chain then the powers that be decide what to do . Eventually we hand over the battle space to your lead elements (recce troop) that is when you boys get involved . So at the end of the day ''your cock is bigger than mine '' granted but mine is more switched and has a lot more fire power than yours thats if yours is not ''VOR'' . Before you say anything i am ex MBT 1 RTR took over from us at Warminster so i do know a little . RECCE is where its at .

recce-cpl said:
Tankie boy this all started as a bit of banter but i think you are a lot junior than you make out .Blah, Blah...

How did I qualify for this personal abuse?

I think you have the wrong end of the stick.

recce-cpl said:
Sorry mate want to sound to harsh there ,its all banter hope you havent taken offence .

No problem (you have to understand I am getting my feelings back after being a civvi for almost five years).

:wink:

The 2 tanks were advancing, when neither crew spotted the other tank. C/S 22 then drove up the fron left wing of the other flipping himself over. I believe the gunner didn't survive as he was stuck under the Cdr's sight.