Challenger 2 videos, please help me find some

Does ANYONE know where I can find video's Of the Chally 2 in action, I have been asked to do a talk at my OTC and I though some vids would be a good addition. Many thanks

P.S. anyone know any movies with British tank crews actually talking, I can only think of Band of Brothers with the classic line.
"If I canut see the bugga how can I bloody well shoot him?"

Call Bovington.....they can help...

Try google...just found a load !

Films - too numerous to mention ....what situation do you weant to show ?

You must be a maths undergrad...get researching !!

see if you can track down a copy of that Top Gear where clarkson tried to outrun a CR2 with a range rover, they had some class footage on that as well as some good audio.

.:M-F:.

saw that first time it was on telly- awesome!

sounds sad to say one of the biggest things I miss (I've been in the PX for the past 3 months) is...top gear.

gotta love your cars.

Brainiac blew a safe up with a Chally 2 as well. Would be good footage for the 120mm.

Ooh_Matron said:
Try this below, some footageand photos etc of Challenger 2. There was a documentry (? Channel Four) on TELIC 1 which featured Ch 2 commander talking about final push on Basra, RPGs pinging off the armour etc. Will do some digging and let you know.

http://www.operations.mod.uk/telic/photo_gallery_ops_land.htm
if its the tank im thinking of its a SDG tank, took 8 RPG hits and a milan hit above the mantlet. loadsa small arms hits over the bins. i saw it in shaibah when it came in for repair from the metalsmith.

does great for crew confidence in the tank seeing that, i was truely amazed.

talking of television shows does anyone know if you can get either: 1) fighting the war (the series with the episode covering the RM blue on blue)
or: 2) Brother, soldier, sister, husband, dad (or whatever it was called

cheers,

if its the tank im thinking of its a SDG tank, took 8 RPG hits and a milan hit above the mantlet. loadsa small arms hits over the bins. i saw it in shaibah when it came in for repair from the metalsmith.

Am I right in thinking that milan does not feature in the Iraqi Army inventory (unless the French flogged it to them). If so who fired the Milan? Answers on a postcard to:
The Commanding Officer
RSDG
Germany
Etc Etc

Just checked out the video I have and its called "Invading Iraq - How America and Britian got it wrong". It was shown on Channel 4 last year I think. Plenty of interesting commentary and interviews with combatants from both sides (including scary looking Republican Guard commander with bald head and bulging eyes). Good stuff from some of the Brits but all from 7 Armd Bde. Not much in the way of Challenger in action but I enjoyed watching it again, even if my wife groaned when I hit the play button.

Ooh_Matron said:

Am I right in thinking that milan does not feature in the Iraqi Army inventory (unless the French flogged it to them). If so who fired the Milan? Answers on a postcard to:
The Commanding Officer
RSDG
Germany
Etc Etc
a convoy of RM were ambushed and lost a Wimik with a milan on it, they subsequently learned how to use and fired it at said cr2

Don't suppose RSDG were too impressed however as has been said it must give Chally crews some confidence in their kit (but not much in the RM!)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
commander RAC 19
ARMY_MAD RAC 32
Flyingrockdj Classified Ads 1