Challenger 2 Crew

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Tiffpietiff, Dec 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is anyone able to tell me what ranks make up a Challenger crew?

If they aint specific, how about positions?

Oh, and no - I aint no journo!
  2. Positions?

Well the driver leans back, the gunner sits between the commander's legs and the loader stands around watching...

3. Cordite? Shurely shome mishtake!
  4. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

The British Army has 40 tanks?

And we have what? five armoured regiments?

Each of four sabre squadrons?

Two tanks per squadron?

Am I missing something here?
  5. lol I think we have something like 62 CR2's. **** know's about the rest.....
  6. Fantastic Rodney-Q !!! V Funny... I will be giggling about that for days now, Cheers man. :)
  7. :scratch: 40 you taking the piss mate a regiment holds over 40 challenger 2s now come on do the maths 3 tanks in a troop 4 troops in a sqn 4 sqns to a regiment oh yeah dont forget the co's,2ics',and oc's tanks now come on it aint that hard now how many regiments do the maths :pc: .

:? but if you mean how many actually run your numbers are way over the odds. but thats due to the gov putting them away from lads who want to work on them.
  8. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

"The British Army has 40 of these 61-ton behemoths" is quoted from the originally article. I am guessing they meant "per regiment": that's why I quoted it.
  9. The British Army is soon to be amalagamated with the RAF and the Navy to form the Royal Camoflage Corps.

Manpower will be reduced to just 200 Senior NCOs with either 40 Inflatable Tanks, Airplanes and Ships each. This will lull potential agressors in to thinking we have increase armed forces spending amd leave us alone. The carbon footprint will also be alot less.

This way the government can spend more of the tax payers money on speed cameras and other forms of stealth producing taxes.
  10. I think we bought 273 in the end.
  11. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Not quite - 356 were puchased. 8 that I am aware of have been written off (take out of service because they are proper fooked), including one that had its hull cracked by driving over a rock in BATUS at high velocity. Allegedly twisted the hull - that is good going.
  12. i was on the same exersise as a driver of a fellow c/s it was a high speed reverse and the rock just jumped out on him from knowhere (well if the cmdr was looking the right way he would have seen it) it sheered the turret ring and the final drives stretched the track sheering them and the pack couldnt be lifted and a few more problems but wasnt interested as i was too busy laughing but at least no one was hurt