Challenge / Adventure Wanted , Bored S***less

Now heading towards 50 years old and looking for an interesting adventure / challenge before my fitness goes , I`m in pretty good shape , 30 mile walk no problem but running may not be such a good idea as knees play up occasionally , hot climate preferred, could take up to a month out .
Any suggestions?

Is it really that difficult?

No it's not.

It's a trek. Might be fun to go to Africa, like, but it's not much of a challenge.

How much money you got? And do you want a package of some kind, or just to go backpacking?

No it's not.

It's a trek. Might be fun to go to Africa, like, but it's not much of a challenge.

How much money you got? And do you want a package of some kind, or just to go backpacking?

Don`t like packages , rather organise my own thing , Max 10k.

I understand the Warm bit, but there are plenty of adventures to be had on these shores.

Walking the various coastal paths (can recommend Pembrokeshires) off as dyke, Hadrians Wall, the Pennine way, all great fun. Even better with a four legged friend in tow.

Alright you won't be facing down Lassa fever and Hyenas but it's still good fun.

Don`t like packages , rather organise my own thing , Max 10k.

That's a good bit of dosh - is it some sort of trek you're after?

A rough and ready safari might be fun. Or some loopy trails in China.

DangerousPath.jpg

huashan%20165.jpg

Or the wall? Looks like you can walk along that. Fcuking good brickie him. It's been up years, that.

images

Inca trail. Eight days. Not cheap. World class finish.

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
Kokoda trail. Again not cheap. Bit of a spiritual journey for the Aussies. 96k of jungle.

Inca trail. Eight days. Not cheap. World class finish.
8 days - £799 including flights and hotels? Sounds pretty cheap to me.

@captdanjou - you could probably get up everest for that kind of money, you know?

The Rocky mountains are very accessible, but when you've seen one, you've seen them all. They'd bore me on my own, but you might like them.

One thing I wasn't prepared for was the silence. Absolute silence. It's weird.

D

Deleted 20555

Now heading towards 50 years old and looking for an interesting adventure / challenge before my fitness goes , I`m in pretty good shape , 30 mile walk no problem but running may not be such a good idea as knees play up occasionally , hot climate preferred, could take up to a month out .
Any suggestions?

I walked up the Wild Coast in Africa - East London to Port Edward - well worth it and will tick all your required boxes.

wildcoast_map.png

hole-in-the-wall-2013-7.jpg

South-Africa-Wild-Coast-Trip-We-Love2.jpg

Sorry , forgot the name of the damn thing but there is a Man challenge thing in Germany , but like the UK hard man thingy .You race against yourself across 24 k of mud, mud, mud and mud followed by water, hills, water and mud. Oh and all the while the organisers make sure you are wet and muddy . German mate did it this year, it has some Scottish link as some Scots do it, in kilts with nothing worn underneath, Tough Mudder I think.

I walked up the Wild Coast in Africa - East London to Port Edward - well worth it and will tick all your required boxes.

wildcoast_map.png

hole-in-the-wall-2013-7.jpg

South-Africa-Wild-Coast-Trip-We-Love2.jpg
That looks awesome.
How long, how much and how hard?

Sorry , forgot the name of the damn thing but there is a Man challenge thing in Germany , but like the UK hard man thingy .You race against yourself across 24 k of mud, mud, mud and mud followed by water, hills, water and mud. Oh and all the while the organisers make sure you are wet and muddy . German mate did it this year, it has some Scottish link as some Scots do it, in kilts with nothing worn underneath, Tough Mudder I think.

Tough Mudder is all over the place.

https://toughmudder.co.uk/events/what-is-tough-mudder

Latest Threads