chalanger 2

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Gunner~1, Mar 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. whats it like to drive the challenger 2 and what can you expect in phase 2 training for tank crewmen please go into detail as i am hopeing to join but know nothing about tanks and cant find much on google or youtube all i know is tanks are big and they definitely are not compensating for someting else :wink: :D :D

2. Not surprising if you can't spell the vehicle name correctly.

3. Chally 2, bit like driving a Chally 1 or Chieftain, sit back and pull the tillers, left tiller turns left, right tiller turns right, gear peddle push up, change up, push down change down, brake in middle, accellerator on the right there you go

4. Tankie2ndrtr

Tankie2ndrtr Old-Salt Reviewer

lol, Sadly no more gear pedal "Tropper66"

5. Therefore even simpler to drive

6. Ha ha, exactly what i thought!

7. Have you driven Challenger 1 or 2?

8. i only want to know what to expect in phase 2 training for tank crewman and what its like fo each member of the crew preferably the gunner because thats what i want to do thanks

9. You don't really get a say in what job you want to do anymore. Just expect to turn up to Bovington and be told that your doing either a driver or gunner's course. You'll become a a full crewman shortly after joining your chosen regiment as your progress through career course's and the like.

10. whats the job like can you say yo enjoy it if you were to get through training but didnt like your job how long would you have to wait until you could change

11. sounds like a walt fishing

12. I looked into becoming a tankie as im a loggy the now in the TA but fancy going reg in scots DG's.
    As far as im aware you always start as a driver, after time work up to gunner and eventually vehicle commander.
    Could be wrong but this is what i was told by recruitment.
    please correct me if im wrong

13. You can start off as either a Driver or Gunner it just depends on course availability when your in Bovington.

14. Gunning is rubbish.

15. gunning is only rubbish if you arent any good at it