Chairborne Not Welcome

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Pararegtom, Jun 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

2. Quote: "Other festival goers said they had brought chairs in previous years without a problem and chairs were being sold within the festival site."

And there you have your reason for the ban. Money.
  3. HHH

HHH LE

I think chairs actually help with health & safety, because people sitting, are not going to cause a crush at the front of the stage.
    Plus it's hard to throw anything if your sitting in a camp chair.
    The only reason to ban chairs, is so that you can get more punters into the space.
  4. How does standing up enhance the experience?

And how does standing up give a better view of the stage if those in front of you are also standing up?

I disagree HHH. What if they throw the chair! :D

Banning them but having them for sale inside? Sounds like a rip off scam to me.
  5. its just the same as some sports events huge bin at front gate for all bottles n cans of beer and a bar just the other side of the gate selling beers for 3 times what you payed for the ones you just dumped

or cinemas with policys banning outside food so you pay £24 for a hotdog inside
  6. The solution is simple, simply all say that word which the British people seem to have forgotten.."NO, **** Off", after all, everybody cannot be wrong................................can they?
  7. ah but if you want to get in and see the acts/game/film then you have to comply with conditions of entry
  8. It doesn't mate. If they use the same arena each year. Just go to the other side of the river and get it all for free. Take your chair and be comfortable.
  9. And you have to be advised of the conditions before buying the ticket.

".....there was no prior notification of chairs being banned."

If correct, then they are trying to impose further conditions after the sale and are in breach of contract and should be referred to the reply given in the case of Arkell v. Pressdram.
  10. Well I stand by telling the authorities to **** off, if all did it there would be no show but the peformers would need to be paid, chair owners would soon be allowed again
  11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I wish you'd said when I was at the 1970 gig as a bolshy teenager. *Tannoy thing* "The festival will not continue until everyone moves off the hill (and the free view)"

5,000 people "**** OFF AND DIE". Then, because they had been impolite we tore down the fences. Day two they declared it a Free Festival to the annoyance of the Muppets who bought tickets. If theres enough of you the conditions of entry can vary remarkably.
  12. Just leave a message on Jody McIntyre's blog using the thread title. He'll be over there in a flash with his chums and dribble the organizers into submission before flinging himself out of his chair for the benefit of anyone with a camera.
  13. That's what happens when old, sad, boring people are allowed to go to music festivals. Stay at home Grandad!
    • Like Like x 1

14. Foo Fighters isn't exactly the youngin' crowd anymore. Granted, not like the bands I grew up with (Damned, Smiths, Bauhaus, etc) but still an older crowd I would imagine.
  15. Unbelieveable!

I always though that Mr. McWilliams was Chairman.