Chain of Command in RA

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by downunder87, Jan 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Am I right that the chain of command in the RA is: SGT - TSM(SSGT) - TC - BSM
    To speak with my RCMO would I have to carry on up the CoC after speaking with my BK then BC or can I go and request an interview after the BSM.
    Hope this makes sense.

2. your TSM should be able to get you an interview, if not your BSM will

3. As you posted this last year..

Transfers
    Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:01 pm

I would like to transfer from RA to RE, I asked my OC and he said it would not be possible. I have done some research on the Army's website and it tells me I should speak to my RCMO or RAO, how do I go about this, do I knock on his door and ask to speak to him, ask my OC to speak to him or make an appointment through the clerk. The website also states the Transfer process can not be refused but I'm sure that I will be given every excusse to stop me from transfering. Can anyone help?

I assume this is a wah?

4. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

I would suggest that TC comes above BSM in the Chain of Command...

5. Does he/she fcuk, he/she would only flap with the pressure. He/she doesn't even come into the equation. You speak to your Number 1, he/she speaks to the TSM, TSM will speak to BSM, BSM will speak to BC if needed

6. Captain_Crusty

Given that he wants to speak to the RCMO, the TC should both be included in the CoC and more than capable of dealing with the issue.

If this hasn't been the case in your experience then I hope those TCs have left the army at their 3 year point frankly.

C_C

7. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

The BSM is a figure head. Your TC will be included in the CoC before it gets to the BSM so, DC, Tp Sgt, TSM, and TC. BSM will ultimately get involved however he is not in the direct CoC for soldiers.

8. C_C, GQ, I know, It was an attempt at getting a reaction...................... ;-)

9. Doesn't this illustate his problem? Far, far too many chiefs between a soldier and someone who will take action.

10. Captain_Crusty

11. No, not if they are doing their jobs properly.

12. Spaz, you always have somthing to say. If you haven't got any information/help about the post title don't say anything at all.

13. What, like trying to help you out? You fucking gobby crow.

14. If you didn't keep asking stupid questions about transfers and made your mind up,then you may get some sensible answers.

I'm with Spaz on this one.

15. Wooh, no need to insult me fella, I asked a question about chain of command in the RA, if you ain't got answer why waste time trying to correct people. I ask what you call 'stupid' questions about transfers because the information about them is hard to find, and that was a different post altogether so why bring it up? My mind has been made up about transfering, just for your information.