Chain of Command in RA

Am I right that the chain of command in the RA is: SGT - TSM(SSGT) - TC - BSM
To speak with my RCMO would I have to carry on up the CoC after speaking with my BK then BC or can I go and request an interview after the BSM.
Hope this makes sense.

your TSM should be able to get you an interview, if not your BSM will

downunder87 said:
Am I right that the chain of command in the RA is: SGT - TSM(SSGT) - TC - BSM
To speak with my RCMO would I have to carry on up the CoC after speaking with my BK then BC or can I go and request an interview after the BSM.
Hope this makes sense.

As you posted this last year..

Transfers
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:01 pm

I would like to transfer from RA to RE, I asked my OC and he said it would not be possible. I have done some research on the Army's website and it tells me I should speak to my RCMO or RAO, how do I go about this, do I knock on his door and ask to speak to him, ask my OC to speak to him or make an appointment through the clerk. The website also states the Transfer process can not be refused but I'm sure that I will be given every excusse to stop me from transfering. Can anyone help?

I assume this is a wah?

Captain_Crusty

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I would suggest that TC comes above BSM in the Chain of Command...

Captain_Crusty said:
Does he/she fcuk, he/she would only flap with the pressure. He/she doesn't even come into the equation. You speak to your Number 1, he/she speaks to the TSM, TSM will speak to BSM, BSM will speak to BC if needed

Captain_Crusty

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Given that he wants to speak to the RCMO, the TC should both be included in the CoC and more than capable of dealing with the issue.

If this hasn't been the case in your experience then I hope those TCs have left the army at their 3 year point frankly.

C_C

Joe_Squad said:
Captain_Crusty said:
Does he/she fcuk, he/she would only flap with the pressure. He/she doesn't even come into the equation. You speak to your Number 1, he/she speaks to the TSM, TSM will speak to BSM, BSM will speak to BC if needed
The BSM is a figure head. Your TC will be included in the CoC before it gets to the BSM so, DC, Tp Sgt, TSM, and TC. BSM will ultimately get involved however he is not in the direct CoC for soldiers.

GunnersQuadrant said:
The BSM is a figure head. Your TC will be included in the CoC before it gets to the BSM so, DC, Tp Sgt, TSM, and TC. BSM will ultimately get involved however he is not in the direct CoC for soldiers.
Doesn't this illustate his problem? Far, far too many chiefs between a soldier and someone who will take action.

western said:
GunnersQuadrant said:
Doesn't this illustate his problem? Far, far too many chiefs between a soldier and someone who will take action.
No, not if they are doing their jobs properly.

Spaz, you always have somthing to say. If you haven't got any information/help about the post title don't say anything at all.

downunder87 said:
Spaz, you always have somthing to say. If you haven't got any information/help about the post title don't say anything at all.
What, like trying to help you out? You fucking gobby crow.

spaz said:
downunder87 said:
What, like trying to help you out? You fucking gobby crow.
If you didn't keep asking stupid questions about transfers and made your mind up,then you may get some sensible answers.

I'm with Spaz on this one.

Wooh, no need to insult me fella, I asked a question about chain of command in the RA, if you ain't got answer why waste time trying to correct people. I ask what you call 'stupid' questions about transfers because the information about them is hard to find, and that was a different post altogether so why bring it up? My mind has been made up about transfering, just for your information.

downunder87 said:
Wooh, no need to insult me fella, I asked a question about chain of command in the RA, if you ain't got answer why waste time trying to correct people. I ask what you call 'stupid' questions about transfers because the information about them is hard to find, and that was a different post altogether so why bring it up? My mind has been made up about transfering, just for your information.
I was suggesting that if everyone in your chain of command were doing their jobs, you would not have needed to seek clarification on the internet on an unofficial website.

However, having read more of your posts I get the impression that you are a little speshul.

I'm not the one seeking advice on here nor in a trade I don't want to be.

Any of the above should be able to assist you in getting an interview with your RCMO.

By your "OC" do you mean BC or TC? There must be a lot more to his/her answer than "you can't transfer" as that's boll0cks. What it really means is I'm too busy/idle to deal with this. Better to allow you to transfer and remain in green than lose you entirely for the sake of organising a couple of interviews and filling in a form.

Have you tried going to any of the recruiting fairs? 1 Div ran one recently and it was very positive by all accounts. It's purely for folk looking at transferring/leaving and throws out all sorts of ideas you may not have considered.

Back_at_RD said:
Any of the above should be able to assist you in getting an interview with your RCMO.

There must be a lot more to his/her answer than "you can't transfer" as that's boll0cks. What it really means is I'm too busy/idle to deal with this. Better to allow you to transfer and remain in green than lose you entirely for the sake of organising a couple of interviews and filling in a form.
Of course it could mean "You have to be joking, you're a useless twat that someone up above is having some considerable fun at my expense by making me responsible for your management. There is no way I would foist you onto some other unsuspecting capbadge, however tempted I might be. You are an oxygen thief...what part of unsatisfactory do you not underdstand?"

uqfegd

pp

Latest Threads