Chain Gangs in UK next?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Danny_Dravot, Nov 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Scumbags to Wear Hi-Vis Vests on work Parties

It seems like a step in the right direction, offenders employed on community service being made to wear a high vis vest with "community payback" emblazened on it as from 1 Dec 08.

how long before we hear that 'yumin rights' have been breached.

The probation service are already dripping about it and claim that they may order the removal of the jackets for H&S reasons if necessary....although i can't think when a hi-vis vest would be H&S risk...
  2. Just like the ASBO could these vests be the new scumbag fashion statement 'badge of honour'?
  3. [quote="Danny_Dravot]although i can't think when a hi-vis vest would be H&S risk...[/quote]

In a station in Mumbai, maybe? :twisted:
  4. The only jacket some of those fuckers should wear is a full metal jacket.
  5. The H&S issue with these high-vis jackets is that it makes them an easier target for Joe Sniper.
  6. Every other fcuker you see from shelf stacker upwards wear them so why not?.Bring back the Remploy arrow jim-jams now theres a badge of honour. :)
  7. At 00.01 01/12/08
    Probably the health and safety of the poor sod who trys making them wear it.
  8. Can you still get the hi-res socks that were popular in the heady daze of the late 70's amongst certain music trends,i fcuking hope not.The green and black stripe'wizard of Oz's' were very special,on parade :D .