CH47 Wales 29 July

@beefer you seem to have either had a post deleted or removed? PM if you still have issues?

aardvark64

Old-Salt

aardvark64

Old-Salt
Yes, but there aren't any USMC bases in the UK to my knowledge...
I'm sure if we asked nicely enough, one might find its way to the UK from wherever those awfully nice jar-heads happen to be? Say from the coast of Norway or even Djibouti?

I'm sure if we asked nicely enough, one might find its way to the UK from wherever those awfully nice jar-heads happen to be? Say from the coast of Norway or even Djibouti?
It will be fitted with replacement windows, then flown.

It will be fitted with replacement windows, then flown.
Surely that depends on the accident investigation team?
So Sqn Leader, why did your squadron’s Chinook fall out the sky a second time?
Well Sir, you see, we, errrh, give it a quick once over, changed the windows, polish the knobs and decided to fly it back home, it was during this flight that the damage to the air intake caused by the initial wire strike caused the engine failure!

wafubustard

War Hero
I have seen a Merlin Mk3 flown back to RAF Benson after the pilot landed it vertically on a sign post.
The post punctured the belly and the cockpit floor to the left of the P2 seat.
After a quick check by the air crew the decision was made to fly it home.
I guess P1 flew all the way as the collective lever links on the port side had been sheared off by the post .

I guess that was one job the smiling tosser of a pilot could not blame on the engineers.

I have seen a Merlin Mk3 flown back to RAF Benson after the pilot landed it vertically on a sign post.
The post punctured the belly and the cockpit floor to the left of the P2 seat.
After a quick check by the air crew the decision was made to fly it home.
I guess P1 flew all the way as the collective lever links on the port side had been sheared off by the post .

I guess that was one job the smiling tosser of a pilot could not blame on the engineers.
That sounds pretty arse. No wonder the RN got the Merlin fleet.

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt

Latest Threads