CH47 Wales 29 July

Mattb

LE
Some crew members remained with the vehicle overnight to maintain its security and others were said to have stayed at a nearby hotel.
I'm surprised that the requisite star-rating could be found that deep in to Wales.

Oops. Well done the crew getting it on the deck safety and no one injured.

"Offered to get them fish and chips and took some tea and biscuits down later"
That's what I love about this country, that right there.

Oops. Well done the crew getting it on the deck safety and no one injured.

"Offered to get them fish and chips and took some tea and biscuits down later"
That's what I love about this country, that right there.
In Wales that's the norm tbh.

Imagine if it had come down near Liverpool.
Wheels would be gone for a start.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
"Some crew members remained with the vehicle overnight to maintain its security and others were said to have stayed at a nearby hotel."

So, do you think the pilot stayed with the cab he/she dented?

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm guessing the loadies got to stag on, while tha Officers had a night out on the taxpayer.

Hope there's nothing of any use to foreign intelligence agencies in those pic's. Probably not, and I don't know alot about Chinooks, but it looks like an upgraded version.
No but if anything was obscure they could Google it where press were invited to Copehill Down to take lots of fots!!!
za713-copehill-down-29th-august-2013-no-20_edited-1.jpg

Mattb

LE
"Some crew members remained with the vehicle overnight to maintain its security and others were said to have stayed at a nearby hotel."

So, do you think the pilot stayed with the cab he/she dented?
Looking at the pictures, I'd imagine that the pilots would at least need a quick sojourn to change their underwear.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I imagine the cockpit chat went something like this

No but if anything was obscure they could Google it where press were invited to Copehill Down to take lots of fots!!!
View attachment 493409
I see that's the updated version with the 3.5" floppy disc drive.

It was obvious that there'd be a problem going for the free upgrade from Windows Millenium to Windows 10 on the Cable Avoidance System.

From the report: "We all heard it before seeing anything. It was really loud and blaring, but something sounded off, there was a sort of chuckling as the helicopter flew over the house,"

Presumably also a flash of purple and a whiff of sulphur....

Thank God they are ok.
"The Chinook is described as an extremely capable and highly versatile support helicopter that can be operated from land or sea bases into a range of diverse environments, from the Arctic to the desert or jungle."

Wales however........
"Boys...got the fly-boy bastid that chopped the Xbox off"
1596115272619.png

Last edited:

Latest Threads