CGS:upgrading challenger and warrior.

Nice to see the loudest part of the vehicle is the gun firing and not the thing travelling at 5mph...(tongue in cheek!).

TamH70

MIA

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
That‘s also a poor metric.
Yes, I was being facetious. Again.

The point is that the Ajax programme isn't delivering - well, Ajaxes at a regular rate and at £8m a pop. And, depending on whom you're talking to, it may not. So stating that Ajax only costs £8m apiece isn't yet true.

When did that happen?

I suspect that what @TamH70 means is that, post-Warrior, Boxer is not the solution for high-intensity situations. It's an armoured taxi. Hence why such as the Australians are acquiring Boxer and an MICV.

So the LuWa got unveiled, this is a shot of the actual vehicle:
E73EjG3XEAAAH-V.jpg

Say it with me, Four tracks and electric drive.

The point is that the Ajax programme isn't delivering - well, Ajaxes at a regular rate and at £8m a pop. And, depending on whom you're talking to, it may not. So stating that Ajax only costs £8m apiece isn't yet true.
If you’re going to be picky, Land 400 phase 3 hasn’t delivered anything into service at all yet, so it was intended to be a like-with-like based on projected cost at completion.
It was also raised as a question - is there anything else included in that projected cost?

Latest Threads