CGS:upgrading challenger and warrior.

I'm told engine is good and can be upgraded without stressing gearbox and transmission.
Turret, New optics , FCS and L55 smoothie.
If APS is chucked in the 5 mil a tank is good.

New powerpack too?

There was a qoute on Monday (I think) that referenced re-powering

Given that Caterpillar are producing the CV12 with 1500bhp off the shelf and an uprated transmission to match is also available a performance boost is available off the shelf and I gather not much more complex than a pack change.

Which makes sense, because APS can be fatal to dismounted infantry in confined environments.
True, however incoming heat rounds going off against a tank won't do any infantry close by any good either.

True, however incoming heat rounds going off against a tank won't do any infantry close by any good either.
Your not going to get in coming heat rounds during training or low level ops, if the risk is there the APS will be issued, you dont want APS having a ND, because of soldiers doing stupid things,

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
ATDU seem to think so, there’s a reason why DASS on airframes are extremely dangerous.
No flash photography on the pan please!

Your not going to get in coming heat rounds during training or low level ops, if the risk is there the APS will be issued, you dont want APS having a ND, because of soldiers doing stupid things,

" 'Ere Smith, lob this rock against that chally and see if it's APS works...."

Latest Threads