Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CGS:upgrading challenger and warrior.

Ahh a puny gun, its so dead when compared to:
O5seFgp.jpg

Which has more armour and a much bigger gun!
Someone's put a cork in the end.

post2.jpg

Ahh a puny gun, its so dead when compared to:
O5seFgp.jpg

Which has more armour and a much bigger gun!

It would have been hopelessly outclassed by the P.1000 Ratte. The main turret was based on the one for the Scharnhorst class battlecruisers with one gun deleted. Anyone proposing using anything less for a reconnaissance vehicle is just showing his lack of practical military knowledge.

tank-ratte-painting.jpg

panzer-ratte.png

TamH70

MIA
O
It would have been hopelessly outclassed by the P.1000 Ratte. The main turret was based on the one for the Scharnhorst class battlecruisers with one gun deleted. Anyone proposing using anything less for a reconnaissance vehicle is just showing his lack of practical military knowledge.

tank-ratte-painting.jpg

panzer-ratte.png

Oh, that thing!

refers.

40CTA is a clever engineers solution, right up there with bullpups.

it’s also like the bullpup, so last year - just fit a bigger conventional gun.

other than us and the French, no ones buying it..... maybe the entire world has got it wrong?

40CTA will be another 120mm rifled gun - a dead end chosen in the face of reality,

other than us and the French, no ones buying it..... maybe the entire world has got it wrong?

40CTA will be another 120mm rifled gun - a dead end chosen in the face of reality,

When the 120mm rifled cannon was selected it was the best option available. Which is way back in the late 1950s. What has happened is that the Army remained fixated on a rifled cannon long past the point that a rifled cannon was always the best option.

If the Warrior 2 is shitcanned, then the 40mm CTA will be even more of an orphaned system.

oh it’s going to die, the reconnaissance units T-72 just called in a MLRS strike on the AJAX position - they can do that in minutes on targets of opportunity, as demonstrated in Ukraine
Interesting AJAx will see T72 1st - ( something youve agreed with but reverted to AJAX is crap because it cant kill it ) Yet now AJAX is dead because T72 called in artillery which can be done in minutes.

I wonder why AJAX didnt feck off before it was spotted or and i know its a radical thought call down artillery on the T72 itself.

Its almost as though you belmieve T72 will be supported by everything whilst AJax will operate all on its lonesome wityh no friendly forces in support at all

Interesting AJAx will see T72 1st - ( something youve agreed with but reverted to AJAX is crap because it cant kill it ) Yet now AJAX is dead because T72 called in artillery which can be done in minutes.

I wonder why AJAX didnt feck off before it was spotted or and i know its a radical thought call down artillery on the T72 itself.

Its almost as though you belmieve T72 will be supported by everything whilst AJax will operate all on its lonesome wityh no friendly forces in support at all

Ajax call for what artillery ?

When the 120mm rifled cannon was selected it was the best option available. Which is way back in the late 1950s. What has happened is that the Army remained fixated on a rifled cannon long past the point that a rifled cannon was always the best option.

open to correction but wasn’t rifled much more superior to smoothbore until relatively recently?

the main issue afaik is the ammunition is now very much made to order

Bardeyai

Old-Salt

Well I've had my own discussions with them on the question of lethality, down the pub and over lunch. Perhaps you should write them a strongly worded letter to let them know where they are all going wrong:-

CTAINTERNATIONAL
7 route de Guerry - CS 90328 - 18023 Bourges Cedex - FRANCE
www.cta-international.com

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Does the RFA have 40mm CTA or 120mm main armament? Or have I missed something in the transformation of the Naval Service?

Latest Threads