Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CGS:upgrading challenger and warrior.

:rofl:

Such a bugger the Russians took one look at the 40mm wundergat 'able to defeat previous generation MBT's' and issued a load of extra 100mm & 125mm, and both have tube launched ATGM's, armed light tanks to its rapid reaction forces.
40mm CTA vs the same 125mm gun as fitted to a T-90 MBT? Sounds like a fair fight

Not sure youre making the argument you think you are

Russia has stuck onto a light AFV a bfo gun - which will chew up AJAX
AJAX has the 40mm which is more than sufficient to chew up those BFO armed light armoured Russki AFVs

From this youve concluded AJAX is undergunned and vulnerable because its dead if its hit by 125mm - but youve ignored that the Russki is dead to Ajax 40mm

From this it could be equally valid* to conclude that Ajax is the dogs danglies - because the Russkies have been forced to massively up gun their light AFVs to counter it. As such they carry less Ammo and its also heavirr and bulkier to transport.

So a win for strike then as theyve already degraded the enemies ability to fight by complicating logistics before they start.

Ray AJAX

I suppose in keeping with your standards I should make some unsubstantiated remark about needing a tank gun because they cant make a decent auto cannon .

*And equally lacking in context but you started the this specific case thing.

Edit Bah @Gassing_Badgers beat me to the punch - Im blaming the wife for distracting me with a coffee grinder (not a Euphemism)

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
:rofl:

Such a bugger the Russians took one look at the 40mm wundergat 'able to defeat previous generation MBT's' and issued a load of extra 100mm & 125mm, and both have tube launched ATGM's, armed light tanks to its rapid reaction forces.
40mm CTA vs the same 125mm gun as fitted to a T-90 MBT? Sounds like a fair fight

Top tip - The enemy gets a vote, and they vote Nyet to Strike Brigade, all of who's MICV's, light tanks and artillery are now comprehensively overmatched by its likely peer opponent.
Top tip - Ivan's enemy also gets a vote and your much-vaunted flying tanks won't even get out of their aircraft.

Oh, and T90 wasn't air droppable the last time I looked?

Hmmm...

40mm defeats Russian light/medium armour at all practical combat ranges

125mm defeats British light/medium armour at all practical ranges.

Maybe instead of comparing calibres and ‘degrees of deadness’, we might want to consider combat effectiveness in some kind of grown-up way?
Perhaps considering sensor acquisition time, rounds carried, rate of fire, and first-round hit probability might come into deciding the engagement...

Oh sorry - I forgot - we’re playing Top Trumps again, aren’t we?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And numbers deployed

Not sure youre making the argument you think you are

Russia has stuck onto a light AFV a bfo gun - which will chew up AJAX
AJAX has the 40mm which is more than sufficient to chew up those BFO armed light armoured Russki AFVs

From this youve concluded AJAX is undergunned and vulnerable because its dead if its hit by 125mm - but youve ignored that the Russki is dead to Ajax 40mm

From this it could be equally valid* to conclude that Ajax is the dogs danglies - because the Russkies have been forced to massively up gun their light AFVs to counter it. As such they carry less Ammo and its also heavirr and bulkier to transport.

So a win for strike then as theyve already degraded the enemies ability to fight by complicating logistics before they start.

Ray AJAX

I suppose in keeping with your standards I should make some unsubstantiated remark about needing a tank gun because they cant make a decent auto cannon .

*And equally lacking in context but you started the this specific case thing.

Edit Bah @Gassing_Badgers beat me to the punch - Im blaming the wife for distracting me with a coffee grinder (not a Euphemism)
Can’t disagree with any of that only issue is that those Russians are likely to be going up against Boxer as the Ajax are still someone on a low loader/train

TamH70

MIA
You can drop it, you can drop anything. Use afterwards is a tricky subject, made all the worse because of boring staff officers wanting to drive it around.

Maxim 11 of the Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries:

Everything is air-droppable at least once.

Boxer, Apache, air-delivered Brimstone...

And a stack load of dug-Javelin, because despite its name, STRIKE isn’t going to STRIKE anything in the context of peer-level warfighting - it’s job is just to get there quickly, and reinforce the NATO line with the best combat arm there is for defensive ops...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Can’t disagree with any of that only issue is that those Russians are likely to be going up against Boxer as the Ajax are still someone on a low loader/train
Not necessarily - there will already be WR and C2/3 in place plus all our mates' kit. There will inevitably be a period of heightened tension and while it would be a highly nuanced decision sequence, the outloading of ammunition and other stocks, vehicles and equipment etc from depots and home locations to ports for embarkation are very, very powerful messages in themselves that will be messaged loud and clear. This, followed by an approach march by train, HET etc to the JOA (for training purposes clearly) sends even stronger warning signs.

It would be a brave (and superhumanly stupid) Vlad that tried to interfere when NATO, with thousands of multinational troops already in his target area, begins to reinforce them due to Russian posturing.

Not even the Communists were that stupid.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Maxim 11 of the Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries:

Everything is air-droppable at least once.
Not if you can't get it into the air in the first place...

QRK2

LE
Not if you can't get it into the air in the first place...
1606495076878.png

1606495136594.png

Not necessarily - there will already be WR and C2/3 in place plus all our mates' kit. There will inevitably be a period of heightened tension and while it would be a highly nuanced decision sequence, the outloading of ammunition and other stocks, vehicles and equipment etc from depots and home locations to ports for embarkation are very, very powerful messages in themselves that will be messaged loud and clear. This, followed by an approach march by train, HET etc to the JOA (for training purposes clearly) sends even stronger warning signs.

It would be a brave (and superhumanly stupid) Vlad that tried to interfere when NATO, with thousands of multinational troops already in his target area, begins to reinforce them due to Russian posturing.

Not even the Communists were that stupid.

absolutely if we are talking about the Baltic

not necessarily if we are talking about elsewhere in Eastern Europe.

are they go to stay there forever, Strike isn’t even operational yet

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Anything can be got into the air with enough lift. Just like how you can make anything fly with enough thrust.
Of course - go on then!

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads