CGS:upgrading challenger and warrior.

He was Austrian and an SS Officer. Posted to Yugoslavia.
How the heck did I miss that ?
I thought he got drafted as a wehrmacht jobby.
Kin hell. I do apologise!

We sure that's not just shoddy levelling?
Took long enough but found a good example on another forum where they discussed the inside wheel lifting;

Now seen two videos on this, both seem to mix CR2 with Leopard. It doesn't show whether an autoloader is fitted (although it does in the twitter bit) for the 130 like RM suggested previously but at least it appears RM are well advanced on their 130 unlike the French 140.

Some news on Warrior. Progress, but not so exciting. The content seems the same across each piece

Some news on Warrior. Progress, but not so exciting. The content seems the same across each piece

Janes about a year out of date there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they actually clapping a Warrior because it’s doing what it’s designed to do?

Are they actually clapping a Warrior because it’s doing what it’s designed to do?
I guess, but isn‘t that the case for most applause?

The latest Jane’s piece notes 80% of work being done in the UK, but doesn‘t note if that’s by mass, cost, parts count or what.

A contract's just been let to this company to 'wrap' BULLDOG, so Mech Inf is going into storage it seems:

A contract's just been let to this company to 'wrap' BULLDOG, so Mech Inf is going into storage it seems:

Just like CHE you'll get out what you put in or sh1t in sh1t out so a managed pre-storage regime will be needed. Seemingly potential cost savings in periodic inspections if you leave equipment wrapped for years, (unless you need it) or unless you accept the cost of periodically unwrapping and re-wrapping is part of the programme.

Does sound interesting though and I'd love to know how things like fuel, coolant and windscreen/sight wash fluid deteriorates over time, or doesn't. Also be interesting to know how long seals take to dry out in key components like engine, gearbox/steering unit etc.

I can see the potential for big savings over dry air storage as you should be able to store the vehicles in their normal hangars with no added cost for CHE machinery.

Just like CHE you'll get out what you put in or sh1t in sh1t out so a managed pre-storage regime will be needed. Seemingly potential cost savings in periodic inspections if you leave equipment wrapped for years, (unless you need it) or unless you accept the cost of periodically unwrapping and re-wrapping is part of the programme.

Does sound interesting though and I'd love to know how things like fuel, coolant and windscreen/sight wash fluid deteriorates over time, or doesn't. Also be interesting to know how long seals take to dry out in key components like engine, gearbox/steering unit etc.

I can see the potential for big savings over dry air storage as you should be able to store the vehicles in their normal hangars with no added cost for CHE machinery.
Back when the sappers had the M2 we had 15 to a troop. However we weren’t established for enough crew in peacetime.

Thus 3 rigs from each troop were placed in light preservation, which in this case meant putting them in a BFO bag and filling it with nitrogen.

. M2 Rigs | British Army in Hameln

Latest Threads