CGS:upgrading challenger and warrior.

By my rough guess, its about 2.5:1. I can't remember off the top of my head, but isn't the ideal length under about 2:1?

Edit:
I'd forgotten I should have been measuring the ground contact, not length of track run. Ground contact looks closer to 2:1, although I think that's still a bit over?
The front roadwheel of the inside track lifts to shorten the track contact area when turning a tight corner. Saw it in a video yonks ago.

The front roadwheel of the inside track lifts to shorten the track contact area when turning a tight corner. Saw it in a video yonks ago.
Not going to lie, that's kinda cool solution. However, more complexity, and less internal volume especially around the quite possibly already cramped crew compartment?

Of course the possibly easier answer is to just have four tracks?

Edit:
You got any footage of it happening? I can seem to find any.

Last edited:
Not the best example but 4:55 you can see the second tank doing it a bit. It's more obvious at speed. I've seen a reference on the Web to the first two wheel stations having an active component, not sure if legit. (Spent most of the vid wishing she would straighten that belt buckle)

Not the best example but 4:55 you can see the second tank doing it a bit. It's more obvious at speed. I've seen a reference on the Web to the first two wheel stations having an active component, not sure if legit. (Spent most of the vid wishing she would straighten that belt buckle)
We sure that's not just shoddy levelling?

We sure that's not just shoddy levelling?
Don't think so, the whole family are front light; the T15 does the same thing even with the drive sprocket at the front. I reckon it's by design, should be interesting what happens going downhill at speed and trying to do a sharp turn.

It isn't the buckle that's the issue. Her belt is loose and hanging at an angle across her hips.

Some sources are saying that the T14 has an active suspension of some sort, so fiddling with that in order to reduce the ground contact length during a turn might be possible. That might also allow them to adjust one or more other wheels to maintain track tension during the turn as well.

There are also videos from overhead showing the T14 doing a neutral turn (spin in place). The perspective however doesn't allow us to see what the road wheels are doing.

New from RHM:

Now what is most interesting I think is this picture:

Lets count the space for ammo. My interpretation is they're doing like they do in a Leo, with only the space behind the loader as an ammo rack?

New from RHM:

Now what is most interesting I think is this picture:

Lets count the space for ammo. My interpretation is they're doing like they do in a Leo, with only the space behind the loader as an ammo rack?
It's held in the bustle according to what I've heard so yeah.

Latest Threads