CGS:upgrading challenger and warrior.

while our geographic position makes use remote from land threats, it makes us potentially vital for transatlantic air and sea transport and military ops in that area.

Ireland’s ports, airports, radar, submarine cables (to a degree) and Possibly data centres Could Be very important in case of a regional conflict.

in the case of such a conflict as a neutral we should be denying them to all comers But acquiring them would be in both sides interests (if only to prevent the other side acquiring them, for one side it would be a major logistical operation for the other not so much).

The chances of a regional conflict are small to very small but they are still a threat.

Imagine Russian Bears patrolling the Atlantic from Shannon (instead of Northern Russia) or a threat to U.K. Irish Sea (and other) ports from Russian missiles operating from Ireland. Equally when AAR would be
underpressure, AWACS, P8s etc operating from Shannon Rather than the U.K for securing the Atlantic ensuring longer time on task.

again the chances are remote but we are in a strategic position on the edge of the Atlantic and Europe.

the chance of anyone attacking Ireland (Conventional) to just attack Ireland are probably not Even worth mentioning... it is all about the U.K./Europe’s flank.
How would the Russian bears get to patrol from Shannon?
Seriously??

I don’t think anyone gives a crap about France - the real prize of MGCS is the German MBT fleet, and the successor to Leo2.

France may go it alone with some warmed-over Leclerc rehash - which will probably suffice for the kinds of scraps they foresee - but it’s never going to challenge the German franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at French sales to the UAE, convenient for Germany as well if sales of MGCS are under a French banner - a lot of politics in this, as with the German possible F-18 buy.

Post covid, with a GDP dip of 6-7% or more, whoever is holding the baby in Germany is going to want something to produce a lot of home jobs though.

How would the Russian bears get to patrol from Shannon?
Seriously??
I didn’t say it was likely Or even feasible!

I said Ireland geographical position while making an invasion by a neighbour much less likely it would be advantageous for either side of a regional conflict to seize some of our infrastructure either to use it themselves or deny it to their en.

who’s to say it couldn’t happen unexpectedly before a conflict starts? “Little green airmen” in Ireland rather than “Little green men” in Ukraine. Again I’m not saying it’s likely.

Bears have the range to reason Shannon and well beyond (as recently as 2 weeks ago they were in that neck of the woods) yes tracked and monitored by NATO.

I didn’t say it was likely Or even feasible!

I said Ireland geographical position while making an invasion by a neighbour much less likely it would be advantageous for either side of a regional conflict to seize some of our infrastructure either to use it themselves or deny it to their en.

who’s to say it couldn’t happen unexpectedly before a conflict starts? “Little green airmen” in Ireland rather than “Little green men” in Ukraine. Again I’m not saying it’s likely.

Bears have the range to reason Shannon and well beyond (as recently as 2 weeks ago they were in that neck of the woods) yes tracked and monitored by NATO.
To answer your post;

They would be hit on the ground, or shot down.

This.

From reading, the design criterion was to ’contain’ the same armour package as the CR2. Are we looking at a finishing plate, perhaps for signature reduction, which something more substantial underneath? After all, the barrel-top structure we’re discussing is only sheet metal.

329425BB-EBA9-4635-9A14-13C6A9D1D300.jpeg

It continue!

Seemingly T-14 in Syria. Lady appears to have reactive armour on her chest. Seems legit.:D

That female is a host on a Russian military enthusiasts channel ; I distinctly remember her signature equipment. I'll see if I can find it.

Seems the good lady passed away last December from Cancer:eek:

32. Thats no age at all. RIP the poor lass.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads