CGS:upgrading challenger and warrior.

Another example of second rate military thinking. Let's take a gun with a range of 4 km and put it in an environment where it frequently can't see more than 400 m and where the capacity of the enemy to ambush it as it struggles to manouver in confined spaces is about as high as it gets. Then while we've buried all of our amour in one medium size city the enemy can surround it, cut us off from Log and wait for us to have to surrender when we run out of diesel.
If it shoots through walls it will see a lot further. Doesn't need Log it's solar powered.

Londo

LE
Why does a MBT really need Brimstone at all? Be far better mounting a launcher to ARES/BOXER.

Better still giving it to AJAX so at least it can do defensive and offensive.
I would agree with you about mounting the things on AJAX

That I don't know. As I understand it they're integrated in a command structure, but the numbers here are for panzers the Germans are paying for. [edit: there is a German tank battalion integrated in a Dutch brigade, so the fleet increase would benefit them]

Last edited:

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It looks like Fox, but with two extra wheels, more weight, and a higher centre of gravity! Good luck with that! ;) .
It's 8ft longer, 2ft wider and only 1ft taller than Fox, also several times heavier. The design is more stable than Fox was.

Londo

LE
It looks like Fox, but with two extra wheels, more weight, and a higher centre of gravity! Good luck with that! ;) .
Does look a bit top heavy now you mention it .

gafkiwi

War Hero
That's sort of how I imagined Saladin should have ended up, but with a bigger gun. Still quite high though.
I doubt they could make it much lower and retain its degree of mine/IED protection and crew survivability. I guess a lot of it will be driven from recent experience in Mali and historical need/use of wheeled wagons.

I doubt they could make it much lower and retain its degree of mine/IED protection and crew survivability. I guess a lot of it will be driven from recent experience in Mali and historical need/use of wheeled wagons.
Which require substantial support from the RAF.

Last edited:

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I knew there were going to be more cuts, but when you see it written down.. Fcuk it hurts!!!!
150 panzers bloody heart breaking.

Latest Threads