CGS:upgrading challenger and warrior.

I need front, side back and top pictures of this turret... Just saying. One of each in sufficiently hi-res would be really nice.
For @Listy .....

Here it is - no other photos, no model.....

No reduction in number of rds carried over CR2. Capable of upgrade to 130mm with autoloader.

IMG_5441.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Christ, that's the lid off Pandora's box as far as this thread's concerned.

More seriously, thank you for sharing nice to see something (almost) in the flesh.
Thanks. RM said you can’t have a 130mm without an autoloader due to the length of the round.....

Oh Christ, that's the lid off Pandora's box as far as this thread's concerned.

More seriously, thank you for sharing nice to see something (almost) in the flesh.
Thanks. RM said you can’t have a 130mm without an autoloader due to the length of the round.....
I think that’s the key point - we would fit an autoloader if we had to.

At the moment - with a 120mm solution - we don’t have to.

Good to see the picture in the open at last (videos are really tasty!) - although some will be sad that this is evidence that MoD has not simply ‘kicked the can down the road’....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that’s the key point - we would fit an autoloader if we had to.

At the moment - with a 120mm solution - we don’t have to.

Good to see the picture in the open at last (videos are really tasty!) - although some will be sad that this is evidence that MoD has not simply ‘kicked the can down the road’....

Hopefully it will be the new L55 gun too plus associated NG ammo, good to 5500m allegedly.

L55A1 + US APFSDS = most powerful in/service tank gun in the world...

...allied to CR2's armour package, hydrogas suspension and an uprated sensor package. Other grin-inducing, isn't it?

What's happening with the engine, by the way?

(Edited to change autocorrect's correction of 'hydrogas' to 'hydrogen'.)

Last edited:
...allied to CR2's armour package, hydrogen suspension and an uprated sensor package. Other grin-inducing, isn't it?

What's happening with the engine, by the way?
Ah, can’t afford an engine.......

The RM/BAE thing is typical of future industry relationships I think - see KNDS etc

I've just sniggered. Chieftain levels of mobility, then? :-D

Still, the rest is good enough.
Actually I don’t know about the mobility aspect TBH. Not yet anyway.

Actually I don’t know about the mobility aspect TBH. Not yet anyway.
It set me off looking. This from Wikipedia:

Options for updating the powertrain of Challenger 2 are being analysed separately from CLEP as part of the Heavy Armour Automotive Improvement Programme (HAAIP). The contract, awarded to BAE Systems, is evaluating uprating the existing powertrain or potentially swapping the current CV12 engine for alternative designs.
Original story was attributed to an IHS/Jane's report.

ETA: Brief mention at 2:10 here: