CGS:upgrading challenger and warrior.

This might not be anything new to some of you,I know it's been talked about for a while.
Equipment update: upgrading mounted close combat (Challenger/Warrior) and creating strategic reach w/Strike Bde (Ajax/new Mech Inf Vehicle)
Take a look at @ArmyCGS's Tweet:

What updates are envisaged?
Sorry, I have only that tweet. Surely shuts down rumours of us getting leopards or whatever else. Surprised that it claims we're getting another mechanised infantry vehicle as well as a warrior upgrade,perhaps quite a long term design plan. But I'm no expert, only just had my ACA ;)

Sorry, I have only that tweet. Surely shuts down rumours of us getting leopards or whatever else. Surprised that it claims we're getting another mechanised infantry vehicle as well as a warrior upgrade,perhaps quite a long term design plan. But I'm no expert, only just had my ACA ;)
Only new armoured vehicle I know of is the Future Scout project or maybe the ones we have borrowed from the French. However I'm on the Naval side of DE&S so I don't have much exposure to Land Systems.

They don't float ye see :p

Does CGS issue directives by Twitter now then? What does the concept of ops look like? #bagsofsmokeandstraightupthemiddle
Smiley face. YOLO

Does CGS issue directives by Twitter now then? What does the concept of ops look like? #bagsofsmokeandstraightupthemiddle
Pffft. That's on the wiki.

He's still annoyed that his subordinates keep editing it and making it better.

He's particularly annoyed that OPFOR are editing their wiki in a faster decision cycle than he is... #manoeuverist

Decent air con would be a nice touch. Perhaps some sort of sun umbrella for the mortar hatch.

A lemonade machine for morale and a fish tank to help soothe the psychological aspects of combat.

Only new armoured vehicle I know of is the Future Scout project or maybe the ones we have borrowed from the French. However I'm on the Naval side of DE&S so I don't have much exposure to Land Systems.

They don't float ye see :p
Sounds like they would make pretty decent submarines.

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
Decent air con would be a nice touch. Perhaps some sort of sun umbrella for the mortar hatch.

A lemonade machine for morale and a fish tank to help soothe the psychological aspects of combat.
A lemonade machine? What happened to Norries of Cookhouse brown coloured water and greenie* lids?

* Ask a Mortarman.

Pffft. That's on the wiki.

He's still annoyed that his subordinates keep editing it and making it better.

He's particularly annoyed that OPFOR are editing their wiki in a faster decision cycle than he is... #manoeuverist
I imagine that he'll be furious that the Yanks have just moved everything to Snapchat then. #generalsofinstagram angry face, puppy, poo, stop sign

Prime Ministers and Generals 'tweetiing'- WTF? What happened to good old fashioned Press Releases (other than they are old fashioned?).

I was speaking with someone that reckons they have been on the range with the new warrior upgrade.
Apparently, it is th 40mm main armament, and its even cable of punching through a T-80's front armor.

Now, when you take in to account people big things up, and the only thing that the army has ever issued which does what is supposed to do, is a ration pack can opener, I am thinking, maybe not.

Prime Ministers and Generals 'tweetiing'- WTF? What happened to good old fashioned Press Releases (other than they are old fashioned?).
Because you can legally be vague when you've only got 140 characters to play with :)

You know Cameron or Gen. Carter aren't actually sitting there typing their own Twitter/Facebook posts out, don't you?

We'll have created SO1, SO2 and SO3 posts at Army HQ along with at least a troop of Signallers in support to get that tweet out.

I was speaking with someone that reckons they have been on the range with the new warrior upgrade.
Apparently, it is th 40mm main armament, and its even cable of punching through a T-80's front armor.

Now, when you take in to account people big things up, and the only thing that the army has ever issued which does what is supposed to do, is a ration pack can opener, I am thinking, maybe not.
I know Lockheed Martin did carry out the firing tests in early to mid 2015 on the warrior with new turret and cannon fitted. Whether your chappie was there however I can't say. Not a psychic alas.

And as to the opening a T-80 like a chocolate tank .... Dunno, I'm in Maritime Systems not Land sadly.

Latest Threads