CGS to release casualty figures?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by stinker, Sep 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Perhaps it's just me but didn't the CGS mention in his recent briefing that he was to release the casualty figures early this week.

Sorry, but if someone asks me for some information by early in the week they probably mean on my desk first thing Monday morning.

Fcuk me if the OC asks for info he gets it quicker than it would seem CGS can.

As Wednesday dwindles to a close perhaps he said mid week?

Or is it I've just missed this news headline or has there been no release, just been on MoD website nothing there.

Anyone?

2. He can't release them if he hasn't got them yet, or maybe you'd prefer he made them up.

I don't know what he's saying to his staff in private at the moment, but I wonder if we shall be hearing another "not fit for purpose" speech soon.

PB

3. Hes only got to ask for the J97 figures from the respective RAPs, add to that the number of Hospital Admission as a result of injury (easily found out) blah di blah. Hey presto you have a set of figures that you can present.

4. J97 do not make me laugh! The 4 Cas tracking systems on Telic did not agree which is why Telic 1 & 2 numbers are still a clusterfcuk....

5. Yes, that would be a top idea!!??

Perhaps you missed the point of my post - how long does it take to get info if your CGS.

Before any bone answers are posted a week at least.

It's now Saturday - anything?

:?

6. Apologies for resurrecting my own post but has he replied YET!

This question was raised what 3 weeks ago.

Either the system that reports casualties is not up to the job, or is this another wait out until the media are no longer concerned.

The point I am trying to make is that we have again lost the PR initiative in open, robust and accurate replies to media grabbing headlines.

7. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

Goodness! Whatever can have you think so cynically of the spin doctors at MOD?

I am sure that they are making strenuous efforts to compile a list that can be released the very next time there is a 'good day to bury bad news'. :twisted: