CGS report 2008

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, May 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Lots of interesting thoughts there (get it from armynet), like this:

We accept that the CCRF concept contains flaws and has lost credibility.

and this: Increased bureaucracy in the TA is a concern. The intent is (for Reserves Secretariat) to look into this issue and discover ground truth.

but am puzzled by this:

There is little evidence of TA personnel being stood down from operations just before deployment. We know of less than 5 cases in 3 years.

Perhaps they only surveyed my bty to get this figure...

msr

2. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Not to mention the people who get knocked back at Chilwell for Medico/Dental reasons.

3. msr

msr LE

Who also get a mention:

Currently TA and Regular Reservists receive a dental examination at RTMC Chilwell in order to screen out cases at high risk of dental morbidity. Limited dental treatment is undertaken in order to render personnel fit for deployment. Historical data indicates that less than 5% of reservists
    mobilised are rejected for dental reasons. For the period Jan – Nov 08 this amounted to 66 personnel; a small, albeit significant, proportion of those mobilised.

4. I must be one of the 5!!!!! :D Yes!!! Fame at last!

5. Bring it on..... Let's get rid of the "jobs worths" that stop the TA doing what it's best at! Improvising and adapting.

6. What you mean get rid of the RFCA's

7. Anyone any idea what the establishment grant of £25 per head is/goes?!

I've got the big version here in front of me, he does love his green font doesn't he :eek:

8. Unsettling that the authors are that disconnected from reality that this made it throught the editing process!!!

"It is unclear in what circumstances TA are required to pay for food when at a "training camp". When
    on training camps, TA are fed free of charge under contracts let by DTE, although the unit may use
    its TA catering staff to work alongside the contractor. If the service is unacceptable, units should use
    the complaints facility in place and report problems to LWC or the local Bde Food Svcs Staff, who
    should take up the matter with DTE. It should be stressed that these are not PAYD contracts.
    Halal food should be supplied as part of unit feeding plans, but would need to be ordered in
    advance."

9. You seem to assume that the civil servants drafting this actually know what our reality is - big mistake!

10. msr

msr LE

And you don't seem to know what CGS briefing team is...

11. '...however this might not be sustainable as TA Reservists continue to be mobilized in large numbers for the next
    5 years or more.'

First time I have seen a mobilisation timetable in print. Dos this tie in with 100% Regular recruited by 2011?

I have to admit, though, it was nice to see such a good TA/Regular balance in a document, although it is the first time I have seen an edition of this document.