CGS: Regular Reserve to be called up to augment Army

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jim30, Sep 11, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sounds like your old man was Section D (same as @Auld-Yin and @GrumpyWasTooCheerful) which I think you volunteered for.

• Like Like x 1
  2. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

#
    I thought Sonoficarus and SoI were his previous.

3. My response to any letter sent to my house demanding I suddenly attend at a barracks would be to get a wax crayon and write "Haha nope" on the back of it and pop it back in the post.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. It was over 7DM to the £ when I was in! :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

I'd love to get the letter. Day out and The chance to pick apart any presentation would be a change.

Turning up at a barracks, walking on the grass, saying "excuse me, yes you the man with a big badge and stick, carry my bag I'm a taxpayer", smoking whilst talking on a mobile with hands in my pocket, back pocket undone causing a submarine to sink and generally dicking around.

Even better arrange a load of ARRSEers to the same event and have a nice social.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  6. jrwlynch

jrwlynch LE Book Reviewer

Don't forget taking the shortest route directly across the parade square, parking in the CO's spot, eating sandwiches in the Mess... I can see how being DS for these is going to be a serious punishment job.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Also pay a trip to the expense store to pick up 5 years worth of AA batteries and some paracord for the vegetable patch.

• Funny Funny x 6
  8. Could you pick me up a slack handful of rolls of black nasty while you're there? Ta.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Just a thought about these reviews where folk are invited to attend a military venue and receive a days pay + travel expenses. Does it also mean for the same period the Reg Reservists are subject to Service Law?

In regard to payment of travel costs, does it also mean the individual is covered under AFCS in the event of an accident either in transit and/or whilst on site?

10. You grow batteries? :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. I could do with some 223 if you get any spare plus a roll of flannelette please.

12. Carter's achievements must rank right up there alongside Blair.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I look forward to the letter- just hope they remember I've been out for 21 years

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Oh good we love a volenteer, call up in the post mate!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. We did get CDT'd both times I went thru Chilwell

• Like Like x 1