CGS: Regular Reserve to be called up to augment Army

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jim30, Sep 11, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Breaking on twitter - CGS has confirmed in Chatham House speech plan to call up Regular Reserves to augment army. No word on whether this mandatory or voluntary.

If after multiple years of 'Army 2020' the end result is that you are having to call up to Regular Army Reserve to fill holes in manpower, then that is a fairly damning indictment on what a failure Army 2020 has been.

• Informative Informative x 28
    • Like Like x 12
    • Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Give it time dude; it's only 2017 :)

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  3. mwah ha ha ha!

• Funny Funny x 9
  4. I find this hard to believe. I've heard of reserve units desperate to get blokes deployed only to be told from the DAC, down through AHQ, Divs and Bdes that there is limited political and financial appetite - this is blokes who want to deploy, not ex-regulars on the reserve liability which would be a political disaster...?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Its different - but its direct from CGS - why not tweet him to ask!

6. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

If it is true, then maybe a bite on the arse is needed.

2 percent of GDP...

7. maybe this is what he's talking about - i've heard a few of these letter have gone out - £200 of easy money! Ill ask CGS next week when i see him...!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Glad I'm off on an MD. gr8 comms skills; I suppose the RR will be informed by text of when to report etc...

9. Can't see it on CGS' feed. Got a link?

10. £200?

More like £350. Mileage, day's pay (at leaving rank) and £120 attendance bonus.

11. Can't find ref on Chatham House - perhaps said under CH Rules?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. It's a pity, HRH was looking at a quiet three week honeymoon.

What a dire indictment of an awfully executed plan. My next post will be about CGS comments..

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. Not really a shock as this was a fairly major criticism in the Defence Committee Report earlier this year. An Action was recommended that the Army get a grip on keeping track of the Regular Reserve to make use of it.