CGS gives hands off warning to penny pinchers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by mark3536, Jun 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A quick question to the old and bold- has there ever been a CGS like General Dannatt in the days of old?

2. Let's hope and pray that we don't get a Treasury/MOD yes-man in his place;there have been too many in the past who have shamelessly put their careers/Honours List pilgrimages before those they had a clear duty to.
    Fingers crossed....

3. My bold. You can bet your bottom dollar that the next CGS will be a 'yes man' and New Labour 'luvvie'. 'Stalin' Brown does NOT like anyone disagreeing with him and he saw all those soldiers at the Birthday Parade. Cuts!

With any luck and with any common-sense, Cameron will recall Dannatt and make him CDS next May - Day One of his administration. For the place-man appointed by 'Stalin' - tough tit!

4. No, there used to be actually good CGS like Alanbrooke who make strategic decisions, rather then Dannatt keeping shovelling money into FRES when we needed more MRAPs, or refusing to buy off the shelf UAVs in favour of 'maybe someday watchkeeper' hes a mediocre CGS with a good PR advisor...

5. With any luck and with any common-sense, Cameron will recall Dannatt and make him CDS next May - Day One of his administration. For the place-man appointed by 'Stalin' - tough tit![/quote]

Couldn't think of a better man for the job,also a cracking way of putting two fingers up to Cyclops & Co-provided Cameron wins the Election.Thanks for using my post as a quote-we really do have a battle for money at the Treasury at the best of times,especially so with a traditionally pacifist party in office, as at present,and the last thing an out-of-favour portfolio like Defence(with relatively few votes in it,widely scattered)needs is a poilical coward(that's what PC REALLY stands for-political cowardice)in a very senior position like the Chief of the General Staff.

6. Couldn't think of a better man for the job,also a cracking way of putting two fingers up to Cyclops & Co-provided Cameron wins the Election.Thanks for using my post as a quote-we really do have a battle for money at the Treasury at the best of times,especially so with a traditionally pacifist party in office, as at present,and the last thing an out-of-favour portfolio like Defence(with relatively few votes in it,widely scattered)needs is a poilical coward(that's what PC REALLY stands for-political cowardice)in a very senior position like the Chief of the General Staff.[/quote]

I agree totally, Lets all hope Cyclops gets the boot.