CGS decides it's Summer

As he should be wearing MTP C95

However if he was wearing MTP PCS, well that's another story

Bugger, knew I should have accepted those tickets to Fairford. I could have upbraided him & said, "not in my day..."

Delightful photo of the man himself dressed in MTP with his lovely arms exposed to the *ahem* Summer sunshine. He also appears to be tucked in!
Good man! Presumably now that he has given MTP shirt-sleeve order it's 'official' endorsement, no AGAI action will be taken against those who refuse to wear it 'down and out.' The law of unintended consequences, eh?

I think that you are indeed right....I get confused. Still dealing with the stable belt or green belt debacle in Temperate CS95! Roll on PCS issue.

He has retained the now old fashioned bloused trousers though!

ugly

LE
Hang on surely this is evidence of deep cuts, the man cant even afford a decent ginger drinking suit, the fishead looks like the doorman at the grand and yet our top dog looks like well a common soldier who ate all the pies (Note self check kettles colour settings). Nice to see the crabs traditional growbag disease spreading.

ugly

LE
Do you know the difference between PCS and MTP?
Well, given that according to you, I don't, perhaps you can enlighten me? Because the last time that I checked, I have two sets of CS95 in DPM and three sets of PCS in MTP hanging up in my wardrobe at home, so unless I am imagining things, I am in a good position to compare like with like.

Well, given that according to you, I don't, perhaps you can enlighten me? Because the last time that I checked, I have two sets of CS95 in DPM and three sets of PCS in MTP hanging up in my wardrobe at home, so unless I am imagining things, I am in a good position to compare like with like.
MTP is the camouflage pattern. CS 95 was issued in MTP as a UOR for HERRICK immediately before PCS (in lightweight MTP material) was issued for HERRICK. The PCS you have hanging up is probably the temperate version which is a heavier cloth.

So there is DPM CS95, MTP CS95, MTP PCS (temperate or warm weather cloth)

MTP is the camouflage pattern. CS 95 was issued in MTP as a UOR for HERRICK immediately before PCS (in lightweight MTP material) was issued for HERRICK. The PCS you have hanging up is probably the temperate version which is a heavier cloth.

So there is DPM CS95, MTP CS95, MTP PCS (temperate or warm weather cloth)
Given that I haven't deployed to HERRICK, I think that I can guarantee that I have PCS in temperate MTP hanging up in my wardrobe. Thank you for taking the troube to explain the distinctions between the variations of combat uniform to me. I have made the move from CS95 to PCs without being issued any of the iterations in between.

History_Man, I think you lost that one.

Bye the way - Greetings from Jordan (the Country, not the Slapper).
I wasn't having a row Bat; I had absolutely no idea that CS95 was available in MTP. Greetings from Surrey, where there is no sun, just rain - I'm languishing at home with a busted left leg, so I haven't been wearing uniform for a little while now.

How ghastly, it looks quite foreign. Doesn't look as if it will iron well, hanging down to obscure the stable belt, no pockets on the front for important notebooks & where does one sew one's badges?

You'll be telling me the Troops will be wearing it in camp, next. It'll never catch on...

In short, no. Do you?
I do, I wear it on a Wednesday, my working week goes:

Mon - Barrack Dress
Tue - MTP (new issue) sleeves down and out
Wed AM - MTP (CS95) sleeves up and in Corps stable belt
Wed PM - sports kit ( well golfing attire actually )
Thu - MTP (new issue) sleeves down and out
Fri - Barrack Dress

Why, you may ask, firstly the tax payer spent a hell of lot of money to give me all this kit it would be a pitty not to use it and secondly and more importantly, because I can ^~