CGS decides it's Summer

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Two_Cookers, Jul 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As he should be wearing MTP C95

However if he was wearing MTP PCS, well that's another story
  2. Bugger, knew I should have accepted those tickets to Fairford. I could have upbraided him & said, "not in my day..."
  3. Good man! Presumably now that he has given MTP shirt-sleeve order it's 'official' endorsement, no AGAI action will be taken against those who refuse to wear it 'down and out.' The law of unintended consequences, eh?
  4. Is there such a thing? Has the QM at MoD Corsham shortchanged me?
  5. I think that you are indeed right....I get confused. Still dealing with the stable belt or green belt debacle in Temperate CS95! Roll on PCS issue.

He has retained the now old fashioned bloused trousers though!
  6. Well it doesn't look like CS95 to me, but what would I know, given that I've got both sets of uniform hanging up in my wardrobe.
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Hang on surely this is evidence of deep cuts, the man cant even afford a decent ginger drinking suit, the fishead looks like the doorman at the grand and yet our top dog looks like well a common soldier who ate all the pies (Note self check kettles colour settings). Nice to see the crabs traditional growbag disease spreading.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

ones a uniform and ones a camouflage pattern! often seen together!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Well, given that according to you, I don't, perhaps you can enlighten me? Because the last time that I checked, I have two sets of CS95 in DPM and three sets of PCS in MTP hanging up in my wardrobe at home, so unless I am imagining things, I am in a good position to compare like with like.
  10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

But do you have CS95 in MTP to compare with the picture?
  11. In short, no. Do you?
  12. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Yes. It has the big patch pockets on the front of the shirt, just like the ones he is wearing in the picture.
  13. MTP is the camouflage pattern. CS 95 was issued in MTP as a UOR for HERRICK immediately before PCS (in lightweight MTP material) was issued for HERRICK. The PCS you have hanging up is probably the temperate version which is a heavier cloth.

So there is DPM CS95, MTP CS95, MTP PCS (temperate or warm weather cloth)