CGS aware of our concerns given to him via his briefing team

Discussion in 'Strategic Defence & Spending Review (SDSR)' started by bitterandtwisted, Jan 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why do people keep going on about poor accomodation, get a reality check on what we actually pay for accomodation to its standards then look at the civvy equivalents. Before you ask I am now on my 11th Married Quarter and did live as a singly for 5 years first and seen both old crumbling Singly accomodation and the new Z type looks like from my lads. Im living in a bit of a run down MQ at present but for the £125 a month Im paying for a 3 bedroom house id be paying at least £500 if it was council or rent would be in excess of £650 so is it that atrocious????? And why stretch our selves in Germany when were not needed to be there...I had 12 good years of Frikkadelles and Brattys and enjoyed the extra money and new cars cheap booze etc but all good things come to an end.
  2. He's aware...we all know that.

Whether or not anything will actually get done about it is the question.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Indeed. More important a consideration though is probably that whatever is decided current CGS will no longer be serving when it takes effect. Serve To Lead!
  4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Establish "super garrisons" with soldiers being able to work from one region for the majority of their career, then you can limit SFA to the minimum required for those posted outside of their super garrison area. The soldier becomes responsible for their own married accomodation within the super garrison area, in the same way that every other working family is responsible for their own accomodation other than when posted away from their usual place of work.

If I were a betting man I would suggest that SFA will be the exception rather than the rule in a few years time.
  5. [​IMG]
    Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes,
    don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under.
    You've never had it so good, the Army and the country is quite safe with me,
    you should have no concerns about your career or your pension,
    and I have not been taking your underwear home,
    putting it on in my bedroom and then parading up and down in front of the
    mirror going (running his hands over his body)
    'Oh, oh, oh, oh'. Three, two, one... You're back in the room.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Army pay is well above the national average for the huge majority of ranks and probably above what a lot of soldiers would be earning if they hadn't joined the Army.

Shit Army wages are a myth.
  7. "Shit Army wages are a myth." Tho I did laugh a little when hearing Stephen Hester from RBS explaining why his senior staff get £1m+ saleries and bonuses - due to their "Defusing a financial timebomb". Rather more than the chaps defusing real bombs methinks, and considerably less risk. Don't forget that rank for rank, Plod are generally on about £5k a year more than a squaddie.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. And nearly 4 months later it remains the question.
  9. Yeah, but I doubt if he has a scoobie just how really rather annoyed I am at having to wear my shirt OUTSIDE my trousers.
  10. It's time for the politicians to take action.

They will act concerned.
  11. But as he cant find his (quite large) arrse in the dark with both hands, I am afraid your shirt (tucked in or out) is really of no consequence.
  12. I think you'll find you'll be paying local rental rates before too long, what the Army giveth the Army takes away.
  13. I don't entirely agree with that - it depends on personal circumstances. If one is single the one can earn significantly more outside the Army with roughly the same quality (or lack of it) of life. It starts equalising, in my opinion, when one has a married quarter and boarding school allowance (if that still exists).
  14. I'm job hunting at the minute. There's not many civvie employees offering the same wages that Brenda's paying me even for roles demanding much higher qualifications than the Army.