CGC for gunner Sgt.

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by cdo_gunner, Mar 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Eclipsed somewhat by the VC but great to see one of our own being honoured.

Well done Terry! A real inspiration to the whole Regiment!

2. Congrtualtions, saw him talking after the incident on the 1 RHA TV program and thought he'd be in line for something

3. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

A very good medal and can't have been a kick in the arrse off a VC. Well done.

4. It's got me thinking. The CGC is a pretty new gong isn't it? How many, if any, have been awarded to the regiment thus far, anyone know?

5. I would say this is the first, not that many chances for an RA boy to assert himself so to speak

6. Definitely the first..all of the others so far have been Inf.

7. Well done Terry, richly deserved!

8. So also an historically important award for the Gunners. As i understand it the CGC is the next one down from the VC, replacing the DCM and DSO for bravery. So this would be the highest award for valour within the regiment since when?

9. Hmm Technically it could be argued as Dieppe in 1942 by Capt Patrick Porteous, although not an Artillery action,at the time he was a Commando in a raid against Gun Emplacments BUT he was infact still badged RA.

Before that it would probably be at Sidi Rezegh, Nov '41 by Lt Gunn

10. Well in Terry Bryan

11. A real spotters question. Anyone know when the last Gunner DCM was dished out? Anyone at Woolwich could perhaps ask the relevant bod there?

12. Congrats and richly deserved! Medals should be poper awards, its instances like this that I question the worth of the jubilee medal (keeping quiet about my Cyprus sun tan medal)

13. Congrats and richly deserved! Medals should be poper awards, its instances like this that I question the worth of the jubilee medal (keeping quiet about my Cyprus sun tan medal)

14. Very richly deserved.

15. Well done Terry. Outstanding effort.