CFTs and age..

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Bravo_Bravo, Jul 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One for the Muscle Busters..

Whats the score with the age bar to CFTs?

I know that the >50 coffin dodgers aren't allowed to do a CFT unless warned off for Ops - but what about "tagging along" for the route, coincidentally carrying the same weight?

TIA

BB

2. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

An over 50 died while doing some PT - therefore blanket ban. Thats my understanding anyway

3. Its not a blanket ban; you can do CFTs if warned off for Ops.

Youngsters die on CFTs too; on saturday I drove past the spot where, some years ago, a 17 Y-O died of a heart attack while doing a CFT. The vehicle driver was there at the time.

4. Seen a few of our over 50s, strolling along the group with no problems.

5. You'll be dead soon enough BB, why hurry things along?

• Like Like x 3
  6. mso

mso LE

Assuming that you are of an higher rank than the PTI then by 'tagging along' you are putting them in an invidious position, undermining their authority, and should show a greater sense of understanding of the 'rules'.

At least if you snuff it, you won't have to deal with the administrative fallout.

• Like Like x 1
  7. As mentioned over 50's are except the AFT ( formally known as the CFT). All those that need to conduct them a medical and build up programme prior to testing.

8. Cheers for that mate. It's really good to see you're starting to recover from your traumatic brain injury.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mso makes a very good point. If you really want to do it for fitness reasons get your kit together and take yourself off with another "oldie" away from the group. The last thing the PTI needs is someone obviously flouting the rules in front of the squad. On a personal note I am not looking forward in any way shape or form to doing it next month because at my advanced age I know it's going to hurt.

10. bursts into tears..

Oooh you horrid boy

11. I agree fully - I'm aware of exactly that, and agree with it. My lot did a rather cheeky CFT in Brecon on Sunday, and there where some senior ( 50+) gentlemen with a six-digit Army Number who, as you say, tagged along.

I can fully appreciate the leadership / example this shows, but if they'd tipped over, the PTIs - very good lads, btw - would have been, as you rightly say -in an invidious position...

FWIW, and to prevent the obvious, my last PFA score was 278.

12. mso

mso LE

Then a man of your position should have had the wherewithal to have a quiet word.

13. I did.

His Commission and Majority trumped my rank, hence this thread.

14. mso

mso LE

Then a quiet word in his boss's ear would not go amiss...

15. My last HERRICK outing as a Contractor ended in May last year. I was informed that Servicemen over 50 were not allowed on 'Combat Roles' in theatre.