CFT?

8 miles wearing CS95, boots , rifle, 25 kg in 1hour 55 mins . Includes one water stop . If you have a good PTI you
will not break into a jog . Easy !

^Until next year when it increases to 6 and then at some future point we can do a real one without calling it something else (would I do that to my OCdts, surely not!)

So why is the TA CFT only 4 miles then ? How can you TA whinge that they are not treated respectfully
by regulars when there CFT is only 4 miles , my god army cadets can do that .

continue_hot said:
So why is the TA CFT only 4 miles then ? How can you TA whinge that they are not treated respectfully
by regulars when there CFT is only 4 miles , my god army cadets can do that .
The TA CFT is 4 miles because of one reason..... TIME AVAILABLE, nothing else.

As far as I can remember :? , TACFT 4 Miles in under 1Hr But not quicker than 55 mins. There must be a PTI out there who can quote the pamph.

You got the weights wrong, as well.

Infantry, SF and PTIs is 25 Kilos (including Weapon but not water),
RE and Artillery is 20 Kilos (including Weapon but not water),
Support is 15 Kilos (including Weapon but not water).

Stabs should do the Regular CFT (it's not hard for christs sake).

While on Telic (drag up a sandbag) there was a fellow stab winging about doing more than 4 miles. She was berated for being a stab while I kept quiet and just got on with it.

Two standards dosen't do much good in a one army enviroment.

qui_audet_vincit said:
so the sigs comes under the support bracket and carry less?
15 Kilos including Rifle (a rifle weighs about 4 kilos, if I remember correctly),

OR

33lbs + Weapon and Helmet.

Look guys it is not personal , do you think it is right that TA have a 4 miler and regs have an 8 miler ?
Come on you want to be treated like equals dont you ? To say its a lack of time issue well what a load of crap
Everybody who wears the uniform should reach the same standards . That way you wont have any regulars
slagging the the TA off .

continue_hot said:
Look guys it is not personal , do you think it is right that TA have a 4 miler and regs have an 8 miler ?
Come on you want to be treated like equals dont you ? To say its a lack of time issue well what a load of crap
Everybody who wears the uniform should reach the same standards . That way you wont have any regulars
slagging the the TA off .
I allready said that (and I'm a stab). :wink:

continue_hot said:
STAB TIFFY nice one , i see you are off to london on the arrse gathering .Good on you we can talk CFTS there
Can't wait :roll:

continue_hot said:
do you think it is right that TA have a 4 miler and regs have an 8 miler ?
The CFT is a fcuking waste of space, 1 hour of pointless crap. Its one of the PC tests where the rules have been dropped down so much (so both women and men can pass), I could probably smoke/drink all the way around and still not be out of breath.

Do this pointless crap for another hour????

I wouldn't mind if I could do the two hours at my own pace (i.e. faster and with more kit) or do the infantry one.

Spending 1 hour with people that would struggle to walk to the local pub isn't fun.

Polar - if you wanted to try and shoehorn as much kit as you wanted into your bergan I don't think you would get picked up - PTI's only get interested if you try and carry less weight, so crack on and up the weight if it makes you feel better.

As discussed on the sigs forum, not hard - anyone who thinks it is - you're in the wrong job. I'm serious when I say my ten year old daughter could pass the eight miler (without the weight obviously).