Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by jamtov, Jul 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Help for CFT's. CV wise, Im pretty good, however have difficulty on 8 mile and 10 mile CFT's. The pace is a nitemare and I have difficulty keeping up. My feeling is that it is a lack of leg strength.

Any tips for leg strengthening or anything that will generally aid in cracking CFT's?
  2. How can the pace be a nightmare? Its 15 minutes a mile in a normal CFT.
  3. How can you be 'pretty good' if you can't keep up on a 8 mile CFT where you get 2 hours to complete? Your fitness is basically shite. It's nothing to do with leg strength. You need to work on your CV. Get out and run more.

PS: There is no such thing as a 10 mile CFT. It's just a 10 miler.
  4. The CFT's arent timed. The DS just go as quick as possible and we have to keep up. And before anyone says this isnt so, Im afraid it is.
  5. So it's not a CFT then. It's just a tab at the same distance as a CFT? As I said, the only way to get good at tabbing or running is to run more.
  6. BOLLOX - this isn't so!

IIRC 8 mile CFT should be completed in 1 hr 50min to 2 hours.
  7. Cheers Fallschirmjager, trainers on then.
  8. Dry your eyes. If it's not timed then it's not a CFT.
    Get yourself fitter.
    Simple really.
  9. You need a structured running programme though! Just going out and running as much as possible isn't the right way to train. There are many sites that are dedicated to running and fitness.