• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

CFT with hiking poles

#1
Has anyone seen the chap tabbing round Blandford camp with a pair of hiking poles? It looks to me like he is training for a CFT as he is in uniform (sweaty green tshirt, combats etc...).

From this does anyone know of any policy restrictions stopping him doing a CFT using the poles?

Cheers

Mungeous
 
#10
Damn and blast! you got me pulling me pam's out.
Not CFT training, must be a hard core "blandford harrier".
Regs are pretty tight on dress codes for CFTs, although i could be behinde a bit cos i just heard the bpfa has been sacked and the new pft is here!?!?
am i hearing things?
anyway once had to fail a captain on a cft as he wasnt wearing a combat jacket (and he had a black lab on tow too!) like i said, dress regs are tight.
 
#12
PeoplesPTI said:
Damn and blast! you got me pulling me pam's out.
Not CFT training, must be a hard core "blandford harrier".
Regs are pretty tight on dress codes for CFTs, although i could be behinde a bit cos i just heard the bpfa has been sacked and the new pft is here!?!?
am i hearing things?
anyway once had to fail a captain on a cft as he wasnt wearing a combat jacket (and he had a black lab on tow too!) like i said, dress regs are tight.
So assuming he's dressed correctly etc, are there any issues with how the rifle is carried?
 
#13
Good point. I've just checked the Regs, which state:

"Personal equipment and weapons are to be carried by individuals throughout the test and are not to be shared amongst the group."

It doesn't state how though.

It also states:

"PT vest/sweatshirt, combat jacket (dependant upon weather)."
 
#14
Sorry just begs the question why??????
Would have to be some bloody retard to have to use poles to get round a CFT! But then this is the signals an extreme form of intelligence known only to themselves :)

Cheers
 
#15
Baz44 said:
Sorry just begs the question why??????
Would have to be some bloody retard to have to use poles to get round a CFT! But then this is the signals an extreme form of intelligence known only to themselves :)

Cheers
Or perhaps just want to pass a CFT so they're no longer downgraded, and be deployable?
 
#17
mungeous said:
Or perhaps just want to pass a CFT so they're no longer downgraded, and be deployable?
I know the bloke in question and he is just trying to get himself fitter after being long term downgraded, so fair play to him. By the way, He is deployable and has only recently return from Ops.
 

Latest Threads