CFT Training

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by LeeOfHam, Oct 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there any real style of training for CFT's?

I've been told to just walk at a quick pace with some weight, in trainers, trying to keep my legs straight!

Any help on this will be greatfully received, i'm struggling with them badly!

2. What are you? Dont think much of that advice.

3. Since when was a CFT done in trainers?

4. Speak to your PTI.

No more, no less.

5. I know CFT's aren't done in trainers!

6. First, go for an eight-mile run in PT kit and time yourself. This gives you an idea of your fitness.

Dig out the map, find a route over a moor of about the right length, possibly a bit longer and crossing a deepish river within the first mile or two. Then, dig out your webbing, helmet and patrol pack and make them heavy; looking at your avatar I'm guessing you're RIFLES, so you'll need at least 25kg. Then put on your boots (your Lowas, Altbergs, CABs; not Magnums or lightweight urban-type boots) and follow your route. Do this regularly and you'll improve. If you're doing a longer route with extra weight in your own time, you'll find the real thing easier. Look at it as a challenge, not an insurmountable obstacle.

7. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

CFT training :?

8. captain ham?

9. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

:? :?

10. I always thought the traditional CFT training was to get pissed as a **** the night before and hope for the best.

Or speak to your PTI

11. You forgot the pack of haribo stuffed into your pocket.

12. Nah, being a good gren i always have a Mars Bar in my ammo pouch

13. Splendid advice!

[​IMG]

14. can gym queens speak?? normally all they said was round my beautiful 4times go...thick twats :D

15. Thats just RAF PTI's.