CFT Training

#1
Is there any real style of training for CFT's?

I've been told to just walk at a quick pace with some weight, in trainers, trying to keep my legs straight!

Any help on this will be greatfully received, i'm struggling with them badly!
 
#3
LeeOfHam said:
Is there any real style of training for CFT's?

I've been told to just walk at a quick pace with some weight, in trainers, trying to keep my legs straight!

Any help on this will be greatfully received, i'm struggling with them badly!

Since when was a CFT done in trainers?
 
#5
Gren said:
LeeOfHam said:
Is there any real style of training for CFT's?

I've been told to just walk at a quick pace with some weight, in trainers, trying to keep my legs straight!

Any help on this will be greatfully received, i'm struggling with them badly!

Since when was a CFT done in trainers?
I know CFT's aren't done in trainers!
 
#6
First, go for an eight-mile run in PT kit and time yourself. This gives you an idea of your fitness.

Dig out the map, find a route over a moor of about the right length, possibly a bit longer and crossing a deepish river within the first mile or two. Then, dig out your webbing, helmet and patrol pack and make them heavy; looking at your avatar I'm guessing you're RIFLES, so you'll need at least 25kg. Then put on your boots (your Lowas, Altbergs, CABs; not Magnums or lightweight urban-type boots) and follow your route. Do this regularly and you'll improve. If you're doing a longer route with extra weight in your own time, you'll find the real thing easier. Look at it as a challenge, not an insurmountable obstacle.
 
Z

Zarathustra

Guest
#10
I always thought the traditional CFT training was to get pissed as a **** the night before and hope for the best.


Or speak to your PTI
 
#11
crow_bag said:
I always thought the traditional CFT training was to get pissed as a * the night before and hope for the best.


Or speak to your PTI
You forgot the pack of haribo stuffed into your pocket.
 
Z

Zarathustra

Guest
#12
vampireuk said:
crow_bag said:
I always thought the traditional CFT training was to get pissed as a * the night before and hope for the best.


Or speak to your PTI
You forgot the pack of haribo stuffed into your pocket.
Nah, being a good gren i always have a Mars Bar in my ammo pouch
 
#13
LeeOfHam said:
Is there any real style of training for CFT's?

I've been told to just walk at a quick pace with some weight, in trainers, trying to keep my legs straight!

Any help on this will be greatfully received, i'm struggling with them badly!
Splendid advice!

 
B

blindfire

Guest
#14
crow_bag said:
I always thought the traditional CFT training was to get pissed as a * the night before and hope for the best.


Or speak to your PTI
can gym queens speak?? normally all they said was round my beautiful 4times go...thick twats :D
 
#15
blindfire said:
crow_bag said:
I always thought the traditional CFT training was to get pissed as a * the night before and hope for the best.


Or speak to your PTI
can gym queens speak?? normally all they said was round my beautiful 4times go...thick **** :D
Thats just RAF PTI's.
 
#16
When you say you're struggling with tabbing do you mean body is aching or your lungs are giving in?

If you body is aching then the best bet is to get some mileage under your belt. As stated above, the more you do it the easier it gets. I found that doing specific distances staright away didnt work for me. I just started with 45 mins of tabbing once a week and added 15 minutes every weeks until I reached the 2 hour mark. Then I started to measure my distance.

Also try strengthening your leg muscles. Squats and calf raises worked for me.

If it's the cardio aspect then incorperate some hill sprints into your run and lots of them.

The biggest thing to remember is DON'T OVER DO IT. If you start to feel twinges or niggles in your joints or muscles then stop. You may feel like a king once you have completed a tab but, no matter what anyone says, tabbing is not very good for the body and if you pick up an injury training on it will only make it ten times worse.

Hope this helps.
TBM
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
polar69 The Training Wing 24
M Health and Fitness 19
P Army Reserve 19

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top